What do you use to record FTA?

What do you use to record FTA? (multiple options)

• VCR

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • Stand alone DVD recorder

Votes: 11 26.2%
  • Name Brand Hard Drive (Tivo, Replay, etc)

Votes: 5 11.9%
  • DVD Recorder/Hard Drive (NOT Tivo, Reply, etc)

Votes: 9 21.4%
  • PC/PVR built into the FTA box (ex: Pansat 6000)

Votes: 6 14.3%
  • I don't record FTA. I just watch it

Votes: 11 26.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Another fun question to see what options people use.

-VCR
-Stand alone DVD recorder
-Name Brand Hard Drive (Tivo, Replay, etc)
-DVD Recorder/Hard Drive (NOT Tivo, Reply, etc)
-PC/PVR built into the FTA box (ex: Pansat 6000)
-I don't record FTA. I just watch it

I have 2 units set up to DVD recorder/Hard Drives (Radio Shack models) and one set up to a VCR

I use a device called DVD Xpress from ADS Tech. It captures from standard A/V plugs to a DVD compatible MPEG file. I then use DVD Movie Factory to burn the DVD.

i do have stand alone vcr and dvd recorders if i want to use them. But plan to add the " DVB World USB Satellite Receiver" so i can use my pc as a pvr & be able to decode 4:2:2 broadcasts / feeds and of course it plays AC3 audio.

I voted for:
I don't record FTA. I just watch it
Although, I have a VCR, and a stand alone DVD recorder, and a Twinhan 102g PC card, all of which I could use, if I wanted to.
The only stuff I record, is OTA HD (with DVCR) when 2 HD shows I watch may be on at the same time. Or the 622 PVR for Battlestar Galactica, Firefly, Enterprize, or Bikini Destinations. Nothing on FTA.

Al

Recorded on the PC (DTV or DVB Dream), Video card out to TV. If it's worth keep, burned to a DVD. I've made a few DVDs from shows that look rather impressive.

Pansant 2500A --> VHS

Nexus-S --> PC as PVR (RitzDVB, ProgDVB, DVBDream, Alt-DVB)

I use a vcr sometimes, but mostly use a PC with an ati all-in-wonder 9000 pro. It can record directly to mpg, which I then use dvd burning software to record to dvd OR since the all in wonder's out goes back to the tv in a convulated way through the pansat's ota antenna in (A/B Switch), I can watch what's recorded directly on tv without burning to dvd.

Another fun question to see what options people use.

-VCR
-Stand alone DVD recorder
-Name Brand Hard Drive (Tivo, Replay, etc)
-DVD Recorder/Hard Drive (NOT Tivo, Reply, etc)
-PC/PVR built into the FTA box (ex: Pansat 6000)
-I don't record FTA. I just watch it

I use a dedicated computer. I feed the output of the sat receivers into
a TV tuner on the computer and record directly to a hard drive.

I have a Nexus-s and a Twinhan card in my computer. I use MyTheatre to have unattended recordings, and then transfer the files to either DVD's or to external hard drives. This setup works amazingly well. The computer goes into standby mode when there is no activity for 3 minutes and MyTheatre wakes it up for the next scheduled recording task. The recorded files have no loss of quality, as MyTheatre just writes the data stream to the hard disk. (well with a small amount of header change to make a mpeg file) The files are also small, but not DVD compliant. Many of the newer DVD players now will play mpeg files. I edit the recordings for start and end times with VideoReDo. I no longer cut out the commercials throughout the shows.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)