What do you want us to try and cover for you at CES?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

What Do You Want to see from CES

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Since I am new to it. Home Theater. Wondering about any breakthrough on fp screen material. Seems like not much has changed in this dept. The last 30 to 40 years.

As always. Thank for your CES coverage.

What is coming from the major cell phone manufactures. This could add some substance to the phone zone.

DirecTV doesn't go to CES anymore.

Here's the scoop for TIVO:

TiVo Inc. [CEA Member] Booth: NorthMtgRm N202,NorthMtgRm N203,NorthMtgRm N204

FYI- Usually these meeting rooms are for appointment only. It does not appear they have a booth on the show floor. I don't believe they ever did.

Before you all ask for us to visit a booth, please check the list to see if your company will even be at CES.

This is the official Exhibitor directory

What is coming from the major cell phone manufactures. This could add some substance to the phone zone.

Apple iphone lovers- Apple doesn't do CES anymore as they have their own show in SF just after CES. However, what is interesting is many 3rd party applications and accessories for the iphone will be everywhere. I will sure be on the lookout for these, Jag.
Of course, at CES there is almost a whole floor in the south hall dedicated to cell phone stuff. The big disappointment here is we'll see devices that will never hit the market. This is where I played with a Verizon XV6800 that had two video cameras and was working for skype video. Last year I reported seeing an iphone that dropped into a cradle that turned it into a desktop computer workstation, complete with mouse, keyboard, and large monitor. I haven't seen that yet on the market for the iphone, however, it sort of can be done with the HTC TP2 now. No mouse but big monitor is standard.

Apple iphone lovers- Apple doesn't do CES anymore as they have their own show in SF just after CES. However, what is interesting is many 3rd party applications and accessories for the iphone will be everywhere. I will sure be on the lookout for these, Jag.
Of course, at CES there is almost a whole floor in the south hall dedicated to cell phone stuff. The big disappointment here is we'll see devices that will never hit the market. This is where I played with a Verizon XV6800 that had two video cameras and was working for skype video. Last year I reported seeing an iphone that dropped into a cradle that turned it into a desktop computer workstation, complete with mouse, keyboard, and large monitor. I haven't seen that yet on the market for the iphone, however, it sort of can be done with the HTC TP2 now. No mouse but big monitor is standard.

Don, I don't care about the iPhone anymore so that really does not matter. I really want to see what HTC has coming down the road.

What I would like to see covered...

...in no particular order:

- Yamaha Home Theater Receivers
- EchoStar T2000S (updates, cable testing status, agreements, etc.)
- MoxiHD (upcoming models, enhancements)
- TiVO (same as Moxi)
- Hava
- LED HDTVs

If you can find out if vz is getting an iphone that would be way cool!

Don, if you could get a bluray demo disk, Dobily Digital demo disk and a DTS demo disk, and torrent them that would be way cool.

I also take freebee's in form of usb stick's LOL and anything good! Man I wish I was going. Love CES!

They didn't give out demo BD last year at either Dolby or DTS. Well, the Dolby disk wasn't worth squat compared to years past. DTS was all about demoing their new 11.1 sound mix for commercial theaters and since nobody can play these, that was their excuse for not having one. Truth is, freebies have been disappearing from the booths over the past 6 years. You can't imagine what it used to be like back in the 90's. I have a drawer full of T shirts, boxes of good logo pens, pocket knives, screw drivers, and enough mouse pads with logos to last a lifetime. Lately, they still give out junk barely fitting for your kids-- LED bling, little rubber squeeze balls, and magnet business cards. And, no, I'm not collecting that junk for your kids! :)

Personally, I'll be shopping AVR's but, I too am curious about Verizon iphone possibilities and Verizon winM 6.5 upgrades. LED and 3D Tv technologies will be everywhere this year. Should be interesting.

Sounds like AVN may actually be the better, or more interesting, show this year. Only "big" thing at CES seems to be home 3D, and I think that's going to be a smell-o-vision scale bust. Nice that Blu-ray is advancing, but hardly reason enough to spend the bucks and time.

Navychop-

I know the list is boring to most of us, but I suspect big items will be LED monitors, Home media server networking for HD, Android phones; Tapeless HD camcorders with better features, especially, stuff to burn Blu Ray disks. BluRay disk players with built in netflix access, as well as other web 2.0 internet media access adding ext HD for download storage. WEe might even see a stand alone BD recorder this year with direct access to HD camcorders.

I just bought a new Oppo Blu Ray player and they gave out a sneak peak on what's to come with some online media access, games, and widgets. The firmware upgrade is a beta release but the feature set for a DVD player is huge. The future of Blu Ray disk players will be using internet access as a regular feature, not just for BD Live. One cool widget the Oppo offers in the Beta firmware is in place of your normal opening screen when no disk in in, you can set it to display the local weather and 5 day forecast, similar to what my htc TP2 has.

News to me - I have an Oppo. Have to investigate.

Other items you mention are interesting, but not enough to make CES a hit this year. IMHO. But best to everyone where those items strike home a little better.

Any information on what carrier(s) is getting the HTC HD 2 would be awesome

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)