What does firmware upgrade do?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mchomicz

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
I have upgraded my Coolsat Pro 4000 firmware to the latest COOLSAT4000_120_20050117.stb hoping to add missing satellites - but the “upgrade” didn’t not add any new birds (see thread: http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=74285 )

In fact - as far as I can tell - the upgrade didn’t do ANYTHTHING. Software version on remained at 1.20 and everything looks exactly like it did before - even though the transfer software did go through upgrade motions (transfer, erase, write; and the receiver restarted itself as part of the process)

So here is my question: just what EXACTLY does a software upgrade do for a Coolsat Pro 4000?

Thanks,
Michael

you're right...all you did was reload the factory software :)

Normally some companies send out upgrades to fix bugs. Viewsat is coming out with an upgrade for blind scan (see my review for that)

Honestly, right now some companies only do software upgrades for the hackers.

I have a Pansat with the orignal software form 2/04 and thats still the only software you can get :)

I have new coolsat 4000 pro. After install the firmware, the receiver did not restart. Is this normal? I can only receive few CCTV channels.
Thanks

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts