What DVBS card are you watching Luken with?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Magic Static

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 12, 2010
Montana
Well it looks like a need another DVBS2 solution for the PC. When tuning the Luken muxes I'm not getting the AAC audio, just the video, and it appears to be a hardware issue. I've tried a TeVii S464 and a Hauppauge Nova S2, no go. So I'm wondering what DVBS2 hardware people are using to see the new Luken muxes?

Magic Static said:
Well it looks like a need another DVBS2 solution for the PC. When tuning the Luken muxes I'm not getting the AAC audio, just the video, and it appears to be a hardware issue. I've tried a TeVii S464 and a Hauppauge Nova S2, no go. So I'm wondering what DVBS2 hardware people are using to see the new Luken muxes?

Hey Magic, when you have nothing else to do, ..... And are looking for something to do, ..... How about writing a Hauppauge Nova S2 card operating manual for dummies?

Isn't anyone watching watching the Luken Muxes with a DVB card?? Is the microHD the only thing that picks them up?

Are you sure it's a hardware issue? Typically, most tuner cards off-load processing work onto the processor, meaning the software is responsible for decoding whatever is in the transport stream that the card passes along.

- Trip

I've spent a few days going over the deal trying to resolve it. Uninstalling and reinstalling cards and software. The codecs report no audio connection. MyTheatre doesn't show audio PIDs for those muxes and DVBDream shows the PIDs and says its AAC but no sound. Since you didn't jump up and say your TeVii 660 is working, is it?

Hey SatelliteAV!! Is that Prof 7301 and TSReader picking up the Luken Muxes AAC sound for you?

Magic Static said:
Hey SatelliteAV!! Is that Prof 7301 and TSReader picking up the Luken Muxes AAC sound for you?

I will check next Monday.

Don't see why the Luken mux would be any different than any other channels with AAC. Just need to select the correct audio PID before playback with VLC.

Comes in fine here (3920 on SES2 @ 87W).
Using DVBViewer with a Prof 7500, using LAV codecs for h.264 video and for AAC audio.
As Trip told you, it is probably a codec issue, &/or MyTheatre.

Thanks for the report! I've been playing with the codecs. I have several that support AAC audio, even CoreAAC retail. I've tried several DVB programs, ProgDVB, DVBDream, MyTevii (lame), MyTheatre. But I'm not getting any clues as to what's going on here. Just not making sense. Maybe have too many codecs installed and they tie each other up? I'm about ready to wipe the hard drive and start over but I don't have an idea what I'm up against here. The more I work at it the more perplexed I get. The hard part is getting info on DVB stuff anymore. There are no good places for info about DVB cards anymore. Seems like the DVB scene was a total pirate thing and there is only a handful of people who actually use them for FTA on this side of the world. You can't get help from the manufacturers cause they can't see the sats you do and many won't even try. It's frustrating sometimes. I thought I had it all working great. It took forever to find the right combination of hardware/software I liked and then Luken changed the game and I'm playing catch-up again. I keep thinking it's got to be something simple but it isn't.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)