What E* Planing To Do With Rainbow 1

What's E* going to do with Rainbow 1?

They'll use it to talk to the aliens and get them to shoot down the D* satellites ;)

I just realized that he said E* payed 200 dollars for the sat. Dang the satellite was cheaper than the upgrade fee for the 942 :D

According to their legal brief filed contesting Vooms challenge of their deal to acquire Rainbow 1, E* has announced that they have not finalized their plans as of yet, although they did announce one of three likely scenarios....

1. They would use the capacity to add more LIL to the 50 markets they don't serve yet (BOO!!)

2. They would use the capacity to help them comply with the removal of the two dish local "solution" (DOUBLE BOO!!!)

3. They would use it to add bandwidth for new HD channels as Cable TV currently enjoys a bandwidth advantage and can offer more (YAY!!!!!!!!!)

If it was my DMA that was not being served yet then I would be very glad of this so I'm not going to boo them adding all the rest of the LIL's. They would also be able to do signifigantly views stations as well. I wonder what they will do with all that extra space at 61.5 and 148 once they do away with the two-dish thing they had going for a while to receive the less popular locals?

Aww they wanna nix the two dish thing? But that's funny! We don't even HAVE a dish pointed at 61.5, but we sure gots em at 110, 119, and 148! :D I thought the mickey mouse thing was kinda neat :)

Stargazer said:
If it was my DMA that was not being served yet then I would be very glad of this so I'm not going to boo them adding all the rest of the LIL's. They would also be able to do signifigantly views stations as well.
I didn't mean to come off as uncaring about the smaller markets. I agree that if I were in those markets I would want to get my locals added as well.

I DO expect though for there to be some balance, with new national channels (not INTERnational) being added so everyone can have fresh content. And I'm not talking about useless Karaoke and Bingo channels, but new channels that bring something that many can get into. I understand that bandwidth is a concern, but they seem to be able to find room for international channels, so I would hope that they find room for general additions.

I'd like it if they added some english language international channels, but I understand that many of those shows show American content which would have to be blacked out. I'm still holding out for more Canadian content, as there are some interesting things being produced over there, eh?

I doubt it. Starz HD and Cinemax HD wouldn't cost him anything extra. I'm guessing those would be first (although I am still holding out hope for Universal HD)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)