What Ever Happened to ESPNU HD???

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I was speaking with a Dish Network rep last night about getting ESPNU HD on before football season in September. He told me to stay tuned and be patient. I then asked him if I would be happy and he just laughed and said yes.

I don't know if the guy is joshing me, or Dish is really about to pue ESPNU on in HD

Dish csr's are clueless when it comes to channel additions---come to think of it they are just plain clueless ;)

If you want ANY kind of scoop, you will get it here on this site way before Dish announces it.

I would say he is probably right. :)

It wouldn't surprise me to see it light up when they light up their new HD control room and studio, as I am hearing not much of anything is in HD at this time.

The question is when is the new control room going to be ready? :D

I will tell you like I told gopuga.

You will get the scoop on this site, way before Dish announces any channel additions.:D

BTW. I do hope you are right!!!

I think the new studio is ready or will be ready by the first colleg football game this season.

I saw your smiley face and didn't know if you had heard anything.

Heres what I know (no BS)

I heard it was indeed coming...

I heard other channels that were comming (reported them here)

I was told a big wave of new HD was coming in August or Early september.

Thats all I know.. (Which is good as it keeps things interesting.) :D

Rainbow?? :)

Nah people who believe in the site and enjoy the information here will join the pub.

Hell just look at the number of folks who saved money because of this site this week. :)

One persons in the pub the other day said he reads this site every day, and it costs less then a 1 year subscription to his favorite magazine of which he only gets and reads once a month. He also said he learns more here then he does from his favorite magazine and to him the site was worth $20 a year.

Those who believe in the sight and want to help us keep the lights on will join at their own free will. :)

Thanks to everyone who supports usas Pub Members and helps us keep the lights on. :)

Nah people who believe in the site and enjoy the information here will join the pub.

Hell just look at the number of folks who saved money because of this site this week. :)

One persons in the pub the other day said he reads this site every day, and it costs less then a 1 year subscription to his favorite magazine of which he only gets and reads once a month. He also said he learns more here then he does from his favorite magazine and to him the site was worth $20 a year.

Those who believe in the sight and want to help us keep the lights on will join at their own free will. :)

Thanks to everyone who supports usas Pub Members and helps us keep the lights on. :)

No doubt about it! I just renewed for my 2nd year in the Pub and its probably saved me at least $250.00 to $300.00 over the last 3 years because of this site. These guys do a super job and most of us can probably cut out a few latte's or a few of our other vices. Seriously, if you can afford it, join up its well worth it.

Do you think the new lawsuit by E* against ESPN (Disney) will cause ESPNU to be delayed? It specificly mentions the pricing of ESPNu as one of the reasons for the suit.

I have ESPNu HD!!

oh wait I was tuned to U-verse instead of Dish. It's nice having both. ;)

I did hear it's suppose to be on Dish sometime right before or after the next Charlie Chat. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Any updates/rumors Mr. Greckowski? :confused:

I chatted with a Dish rep today

I asked her the same question and she told me like the last CSR I spoke with that I will be happy soon. Now does that mean beofre football season or by the end of the year? I have no idea.

Well, let's see...

From the wonderful thread here entitled Dish sues Disney:
Charlie Ergen's satellite broadcaster, Dish Network, a unit of EchoStar, has filed a breach of contract suit against Walt Disney Co.'s cable sports behemoth ESPN.

The suit charges that ESPN gave Comcast Corp. and DirecTV better deals to carry ESPN Classic and ESPNU than it gave Dish and hence had violated a most-favored-nations clause in its contract. Both ESPN Classic and ESPNU are smaller sister networks of ESPN. Dish wants at least $1 million from ESPN, which declined to comment on the suit, filed in U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York.
And from within this wonderful article, the little tid-bit what ESPN thinks:
ESPN said in a statement that: "We have repeatedly advised Dish that we are in full compliance with our agreement and have offered them a distribution opportunity with respect to ESPNU and ESPN Classic consistent with the rest of the industry. We will not renegotiate settled contracts and will vigorously defend this legal action, the apparent sole purpose of which is to get a better deal."
So unless DISH quickly relents, acquiesces or simply folds their hand, ESPNU will not be on in HD on DISH Network, ahem, "soon".

And people wonder why I was fighting the title of that thread. This is week-plus old news and it just got to the right thread.

So the reason why ESPNU might not be on DISH is because DISH is suing ESPN.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)