What features do you want?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I would NOT want to see AutoHop expanded. Remember people are being paid to enter the skip points manually so expanding AutoHop would add cost to everyone's service whether they used the feature or not. In fact, I'd like to see AutoHop a separate feature you could enable for $$$ and be a savings to the rest of us. I use AutoHop occasionally but I've gotten so used to hitting skip 8-10 times (as required) to skip breaks that it's hardly a necessary feature for me.

As others have said, my biggest wish is for Hopper to simply work properly with all the features Dish has promised.

One thing I would like to see is an expansion of the DVR storage that does not require manual transfers. External storage should simply become an extension to the internal drive and available to DishAnywhere. You should not need to switch between internal and external storage to brows available recordings. If this all works properly, how large the external storage is becomes insignificant since if you want more storage, you simply add more external drives. Storage redundancy is also an important issue. If the receiver or internal drive dies, you should not loose programming. Redundant external drives that mirror what's on other drives (including the internal) would virtually eliminate loss of content on a crash. While not supported, a Raid 1 (mirrored storage) external enclosure works perfectly on Dish receivers. That's sufficient except for the internal which also needs redundancy unless there is a way to instruct the receiver to immediately move recordings to external storage when the recording is finished (or allow recording directly to the external).
I wouldn't want to see yet another fee for "autohop" (we really don't need that) as this is something that Dish advertises rather extensively for it's Hoppers, even incorporating the "kangaroo" icon into the hardware. But having said that, I too am more (and most) concerned with have everything (a fairly extensive list) "just work" as promised.

Before adding any more features, they need to fix the features they have now. The H3 is so buggy, you never know what to expect. As I mentioned in another thread, I'm seriously thinking of going back to the HWS. It was a lot more reliable, and I never had a problem with a shortage of tuners, so I liked it a lot more.
The problem there is... Wait Til you get the Carbon UI on HWS... Downgrade and still have all the things that caused you to downgrade while still maintaining the commitment.

how about a screen for deleted recordings that stay for a couple of days, so u can bring something back like on hopper one, and a way to take shows out of folders and just be able to have shows listed by dates they were recorded.

Dish should buy Roku or reach an agreement to make a Roku Emulator for the Hopper 3 so all streaming apps would work on the Hopper 3. The hardware power is there now for this.
-
Then all Roku Stream apps would work on the Hopper 3
We would have the best of both systems.
Make it like a Roku. The world is about streaming apps now. The Hoopper 3 has the hardwre to do this, they just need someone to write the apps. There was a Dish press release saying they were going to hire 100 more app writters, hope its for streaming apps.
Examples Amazon Prime, BBC, SkyTV live feeds, basically every live feed app that the Roku has,

Reactions: bluegras
for me it is
YESHD,SNYHD,Elrey networkHD,fusionHD,FMHD and some better music choices to listen to like tunein ,iheart,slacker,spotify getting tired of listening to pandora,siriusxm and dish music.all the dang time.i am glad we are getting youtube this year.

Dish should buy Roku or reach an agreement to make a Roku Emulator for the Hopper 3 so all streaming apps would work on the Hopper 3. The hardware power is there now for this.
-
Then all Roku Stream apps would work on the Hopper 3
We would have the best of both systems.
Make it like a Roku. The world is about streaming apps now. The Hoopper 3 has the hardwre to do this, they just need someone to write the apps. There was a Dish press release saying they were going to hire 100 more app writters, hope its for streaming apps.
Examples Amazon Prime, BBC, SkyTV live feeds, basically every live feed app that the Roku has,
i have to agree with scott lets say roku can come to a agreement with dish and all of their apps can be added there would be so many to choose from would it be nice to order from amazon or listen to different other types of music than what we got now.

1. Amazon Prime
2. EHD files same as Internal drive
3. fast forward, slow motion and rewind speed same as HWS.
4 A protect icon visible in the shows DVR Icon.
5 Recordings, schedule, timers, trash as a drop down menu
6 Netflix on the 4K Joey
7 PIP on the 4k Joey

I would even pay DIsh/Roku a little a month just to have a Roku Emulator on the Hopper 3
Could be cheaper than buying a Roku, Plus I would not have to switch inputs.

i have to agree with scott lets say roku can come to a agreement with dish and all of their apps can be added there would be so many to choose from would it be nice to order from amazon or listen to different other types of music than what we got now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts