What firmware is everybody using?

Crocodile Locke

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 21, 2009
Northwest Pennsylvania
I haven't updated since 0.9.3877 and I thought I'd ask what everybody is using right now, since I haven't been lurking around here in awhile. :) Also, why you like that particular firmware would be nice to know.

Oh, and if anybody is a glutton for punishment you could help me with this: I still can't get my Elite to record to my hard drive for some reason. I bought an 8gb usb drive and it won't record to that either. I have both the usb drive and hard drive formatted FAT32. Every time I press the record button I set it to record in the dialogue box and the nice little record icon starts displaying on the front of the Azbox. Unfortunately, when I press stop or record or anything for that matter (except the power button) nothing happens. If I press the power button it quits displaying an image, but keeps the audio on. If I press power again it reboots after awhile. Anyone else have this happen?

The newer firmware supports blindscan, which is pretty bad, but we keep playing. If it weren't for trying out new features and blindscan, newer firmware really isn't necessary yet. You're not missing much, I think , so far. Channel backup to usb is a nice feature, maybe you could upgrade just to get that.
:)

Thanks Brent. Yeah, I was reading some of the old posts about the blindscan not being worth much, that's a real shame. :( I guess I'm more interested in the changes made to recording features and I seem to recall somebody saying they noticed an improvement in picture quality when they upgraded at one point. Mainly, I'm hoping that upgrading might cure my recording issue.

I do have the channel backup option with my current firmware, like AcWxRadar explains in the sticky. That looks like it could come in handy sometime; especially if things start getting wonky after rebooting numerous times while trying to get the recording function to work. :D

Crocodile,

I am currently up to firmware version 0.9.4295. There is a newer (beta) version available at this time, but it only says "fan ON/OFF' and I don't have a fan in my receiver, so I haven't loaded that file for obvious reasons.

There are only subtle differences between each firmware revision, but when you lump them all together, they nearly make it a different machine.

I have simply been loading almost every new beta version that they present to us just to keep up with the practice of loading it, more than anything else.

I don't personally think that I could give a really pronounced reason to update the box, other than to simply keep up with the changes. Many of the updates are for issues with functions that I have no knowledge of or don't use or couldn't use.

The recording file size limit is the best change that I could mention. I don't see much reason to update the box with the beta versions for the most part, but, then again... It is so simple to update that you could argue "why not". So, I simply just go ahead and update whenever I have the time to do so.

RADAR

AcWxRadar - Nice job on all of the tutorials you've made. :up I've been out of the loop, so I mainly wanted to find out if there were any problematic issues with any of the newer firmware files, but I'm glad to hear that I should see an overall improvement in things with the jump to the latest snapshot. With any luck maybe it'll resolve my recording problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)