What Flat Black paint to use for my dish?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

chadg2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 2, 2006
Maiden Rock, WI
Hi, I have a directpc oval dish pointed high up at 91W and I won't be able to reach it come this winter to clean the snow off it. It's snow white in color and need to paint it black to help with the snow removal I need advice so I don't degrade any signal strength. Would any flat black in a spray can work for this, or do I need something special. Looks are not important since it's located out of anyone's sight(as per wife). Just need it black. Thanks.

Well, I'm using the Rust-0leum Camo paint, non-reflective finish, ultra flat colors on my dishes . I don't have a black , but I do have very deep flat brown. I suppose they might come in black as well. They've worked well for me. :)

Someone with field experience may have contrary experience, but I would...
- rough up the surface lightly with one of those scotch-brite pads
- use a couple of cans of 99¢ flat primer from WalMart (they should have a dark color that suits you)
- ya probably want to follow instructions for giving it a second coat.

Krylon does make a paint especially for plastics.
Is that worth $5/can ? I don't know.
Stogie5150 said:
I did a 1m with it and it faded quickly

I am partial to latex house paint on the fiberglass dishes
it works awesome and it lasts
latex house paint and a roller
any fiberglass dish

I use Rustoleium Satin black on my dish. It is not flat, but has a little sheen. It looks a lot like what was on when it was new.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts