What Food?

ddlsmith

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 28, 2004
If it's allright with the mods to post something a little lighter amongst the doom, gloom, and VOOM atmosphere that sometimes prevails, how about a Super Bowl party food poll? In keeping with the spirit of the forum...

"What food will you be cooking, eating, serving for Super Bowl Sunday as you watch the game on VOOM?"

For me it will be homemade chili (served over Fritos, topped with grated cheese and onions), queso dip with tortilla chips, and Corona.

San Antonio TX

Do it yourself. Create a thread with a poll.
BTW, I'm not sure what to eat yet (my wife takes care of that), but I'll serve Margaritas :lick

Well, I won't be watching the Super Bowl on Voom. My local Fox station does not broadcast in HD. They are scheduled in June 2005 to start. All other local stations are in HD (ABC, CBS, NBC, WB, PBS), just not Fox. How did Fox ever get the Super Bowl? So, I'll be watching the Super Bowl in Standard Definition over my Cable Company. Plus, we're having a Super Bowl party!! What will we eat?

1) Chili
2) Beer (Corona)
3) Hot Dogs
4) Bloody Mary's
5) Beer (Flat Tire)
6) Chips
7) Beer (Heineken or Hini for short)
8) Submarine Sandwiches
9) Beer
10) Margaritas
11) Beer
12) Cake
13) Beer
14) Candy Bars
15) Beer
16) Popcorn
17) Beer
18) and miscellaneous snacks.

Oh, did I mention Beer?

SeattleVoomer1 said:
What's a "Super Bowl Sunday"?
Why, it's a national holiday, of course! :D

As for food, I'll probably be done eating for the day before kickoff. But for pregame stuff, I'll be snacking on popcorn and vegetable chips, washing it down with Diet Vanilla Coke and sipping the occasional cup of coffee.

I am making the ultimate sacrifice and visiting friends with a 36" non HD tube set. Not sure whats for dinner.

vurbano said:
I am making the ultimate sacrifice and visiting friends with a 36" non HD tube set. Not sure whats for dinner.

Sometimes you just have to get down and roll in the mud. Maybe the free diner will make up for the sacrifice. :)

Now THIS is a thread I can really get my TEETH into…

...call me a Martha Sewart Wannabe if you want to to... (…except for the jail time) but…I LOVE to cook, and since I’ll be trying to convert some souls this Super Bowl :D , I figured I better go all out….

Pre-game: Mushroom-Sausage Croustades…(and mustering as must humility as I’m capable of regarding this recipe.…it’s a pain to fix, but…IT’S TO DIE FOR!!!)

Dinner Entrée: Since it’s also Mardi Gras…I’m going to attempt another effort to duplicate a truly divine dish I had at Emeril LaGasse's resturant, NOLA, in New Orleans several years ago: Tenderloin with Stilton Cheese and Walnuts with a Port Wine Reduction Sauce…I’ve tried to duplicate this a few times, and have come closer each time…but never truly succeeded…I‘m hoping I’ll I hit a home run (or is that a touchdown? :eek: ) tomorrow! Both with the entree...and the conversion of souls... :)

Dessert: …Finally, because it is also close to Valenine’s Day, (take note AND action fellas,,,) Raspbersery Cheecake Japonaise…now I had no idea what “japonaise” even meant until I tried this recipe ( I just love Cheesecake!), but it, too, is truly TO DIE FOR!

Before, During and After: Adult beverages (or not!) of your choice...could somebody pass the vodka and tonic please...?? :D

Whatever side you've chosen, in the game (or provider), hope you enjoy…and hope we will ALL VOOM ON for a long, long time!! @party :D :D Vicki

P.S.: Vurbano...your devotion to friends is truly admirablein those circumstances...don't think I have EVER loved anyone that much (except maybe my husband)! Friends are golden, and you obviously understand that..but 36" SD???. That's going above and beyond..... :D

Now THIS is a thread I can really get my TEETH into…

even IF I'll still be watching on cable, not on VOOM again just yet ... :no

Call me a Martha Stewart Wannabe if you want to to...I confess I am... (except for the jail time) but…I LOVE to cook (and eat!), so since I’ll be trying to convert some souls this Super Bowl :D , I figured I better go all out….

Pre-game: Mushroom-Sausage Croustades…(and marshalling as must humility as I’m capable of regarding this recipe.…it’s a pain to fix, butIT’S TO DIE FOR!!!)

Dinner Entrée: Since it’s also Mardi Gras…I’m going to attempt another effort to duplicate a truly divine dish I had at Emeril LaGasse's resturant, NOLA, in New Orleans several years ago: Beef Tenderloin with Stilton Cheese and Walnuts with a Port Wine Reduction Sauce…I’ve tried to duplicate this a few times, and have come closer each time…but never truly succeeded…I‘m hoping I’ll I hit a home run (or is that a touchdown? :eek: ) tomorrow! Both with the entree...and the conversion of souls... :)

Dessert: …Finally, because it is also close to Valenine’s Day, (take note AND action fellas...) Raspberry Cheecake Japonaise…now I had no idea what “japonaise” even meant until I first tried this recipe ( I just love Cheesecake!), but trust me, it too, is truly TO DIE FOR!

Before, During and After: Adult beverages (or not!) of your choice...could somebody pass the vodka and tonic please...?? :D

Whatever side you've chosen in the game (or satellite provider), hope you enjoy…and hope we can all VOOM ON for a long, long time!! @party :D Vicki

P.S.: Vurbano...your devotion to friends is truly admirable :bow ...don't think I have EVER loved anyone that much (except maybe my late husband)! Friends are golden...and you obviously understand that..but 36"... SD???. That's going above and beyond!! :D

Hi Vicki,

Darn, now I wished we lived near Rocklin, CA instead of rainy Seattle! Would invite myself right over.

And the menu was so good you posted it 2X.

Good luck with all that cookin'.

Still enjoying HDTV under (guess what) rainy Seattle skies, Gill

Ditto Gill. I had a bowl of baby carrots dipped in Ranch dressing followed by some home made Nachos. I had to forego the alcohol today, I had way too much last night. :D

I had an idea that everytime the announcer said Bruschi's name, I would have a brewski. Good thing I didn't, he kicked ass today. :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)