What happened to FSFLHD?

aviators99

Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 21, 2005
The Marlins game is about to start and no sign of the channel on my receiver. Did we lose it?

Deja vu :)

I sure hope it's coming back.

The channel still exists I know that...

just sent this to voom customer service .. i am getting worried ..

you guys have got to get the baseball networks, the local fox sports nets .. i live in Houston, that would be FSNSW

also, the locals are all of a sudden not doing so good .. my wife could not watch 24 (a fox show .. fox 26) or ABC13 .. for desperate housewives. it is going to be hard for me to hold the troops on voom if we cant get the programming we want.

did it magically appear?

It could just be that FSN Florida isn't doing the hD games this year or yet.

Anyone get WTBS OTA? Is that station HD?

Yup I live in houston as well..... Am i missing something or is fox sports been on V* previously. I Have been going downstairs to catcth the rockets on the fox sports network on my time warner cable tv which is free because they forgot to unplug the cable when i discontinued their service. Oh yea thisas 2 years ago. My only V* rant is I need my dam sports on fox sports. My 60 in tv for voom my 26 in for cable. Go figure! V00m lives forever!!!!

Hah, cable does that all the time. My brother moved into an apartment and the service is still on....

aviators99 said:
The Marlins game is about to start and no sign of the channel on my receiver. Did we lose it?
I called and (I live in south florida) customer service said we got it by mistake last season and they really didnt have any "rights" to broadcast it but since it was non (some word I think she made up) Voom was able to show them.. I asked for a superv but none were available. For me, Having FoxFLHD was very cool and turned alot of people onto Voom that you couldnt do with D*. Now after a year of problems and issues, the one good thing is gone and stinking CSR just makes up crap.

That's totally wrong (but of course you already know that) It wasn't a mistake. Voom was the only provider showing the FSN Florida games, it was all coordinated. FSN Florida wouldn't have done those games in HD just for the heck of it, if it was not going to be shown in hd.

BFG said:
That's totally wrong (but of course you already know that) It wasn't a mistake. Voom was the only provider showing the FSN Florida games, it was all coordinated. FSN Florida wouldn't have done those games in HD just for the heck of it, if it was not going to be shown in hd.

Well, it wouldn't have been for nothing...I believe some cable outlets carry it.

talked to my wife, this is absolutely insane but i am getting the basic cable installed so i can watch the Astros .. insane on several fronts .. #1 the Astros are going to suck this year and 2 . why have two different tv signals? but i walked into the big hd room and wifeY was watching equator and said .. why dont you get time warner installed back into the bedroom until we see how voom shakes out? THE HD is soooooooooooooooooo nice. Go figure!!! a woman gets it hahahahaha
ARE YOU READING THIS CHUCK DOLAN???????? get the damn thing solved!!

im a few hours north of houston and i gotta admit.... i want voom to add fox sports as well (in HD would be even better).

Even pull a D* at this point and have a "special events" channel and show FS games on it w/o having to dedicate a multiple fulltime channels.

I just spoke to another CSR and got a completely different story. He claims his supv told him that Comcast purchased fox sports and those contracts from last year are void until they are renegotiated. I didnt even know that Foxsports was owned by comcast. I never heard that before. But if this was true why would we get the standard definition feed if they are renegotiating it.. Argghhh. this really sucks..

The CSR told me to write to Comcast to find out the details. Anyone else have more information?? Sean ??

I live in Southern California and I got an email saying that VOOM has no immediate plans to add FSW. FSW will broadcast 102 Angel games this year that can be seen on NO other station. I have requested this channel ever since I signed up back in September. :( I cannot afford both VOOM and cable so I am sooo close to canceling VOOM. It's ridiculous to alienate so many sports fans.

Doesn't Rainbow or Cablevision own Fox Sports Florida... no HD channel for FSN here really hurts me! Please drop Moov or the retarded HD preview channel during FL-FSNHD broadcasts or something please!

yeah that's wrong. FSN-Florida is still owned by Rainbow Media. Maybe what the CSR was saying is that Comcast cable signed the exclusive rights to air the Marlins game in south florida, but I haven't heard from anyone in south florida with comcast that is getting marlins games..

Just spoke to Diana Hanford at FSN-Florida and she stated that they do not have any HD games scheduled and currently do not have any HD Cams available. She did however say that this could change for some of the future games and she will post information if this were to happen in the local media as well as the FSN-Florida web site.

TC_Lauderdale said:
Just spoke to Diana Hanford at FSN-Florida and she stated that they do not have any HD games scheduled and currently do not have any HD Cams available. She did however say that this could change for some of the future games and she will post information if this where to happen in the local media as well as the FSN-Florida web site.
Hmm, I would like to know then why would you do it for 1 year and stop? If you spend the bucks on the equipment to broadcast, why stop? This was one of the cool things with voom and with it not on this is just another one of those flags. The only flags left are Premium HD channels that D* doesnt have and TNT-HD which D* dont have... Why in the world we dont get ESPN2HD but we got 2 wastes of stations with Wealth and Moov.

flipper2001 said:
If you spend the bucks on the equipment to broadcast, why stop? This was one of the cool things with voom and with it not on this is just another one of those flags. The only flags left are Premium HD channels that D* doesnt have and TNT-HD which D* dont have... Why in the world we dont get ESPN2HD but we got 2 wastes of stations with Wealth and Moov.

I have read posts that most of the HD Cams/production equipment are supplied/rented by a select few companies and not necessary owned by the stations due to thier costs.

While I agree with you on Moov, I do find some interesting programs on Wealth HD to watch.

the trucks are always rented on a game by game basis. I guess they realized it didn't make anysense for them to be doing games in HD for the very small Voom florida audience. They may do some games later, like the august series againts the Giants will be in HD at Florida because FSN Bay Area has it on their schedule

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts