what FTA sats will a 105 superdish receive

Status
Please reply by conversation.

isptech

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 15, 2005
Champaign, IL DMA
I have a 105 superdish that was removed from the neighbors house. No LNBs however :(. I also have a 105 superdish at my house that might be replaced soon with a new 1000.2 for HD. Our local dish market used the 105 dishes. All new dish installs result in one of these (105 Superdish) in the trash. Can one of these pick up G18. I am interested in RTN stations, are there any left ?

I want to invest as little as possible to get my feet wet in FTA. I know I can pick more with a motorized dish, but might start with stationary just see what I can pickup. I will also need to buy a FTA receiver. Any pointers you can give will be greatly appreciated.

Great forum !!

Thanks

welcome :wave

will the SD work for FTA? yes

RTN is no longer on G18 but on AMC9 (83 degrees west) and the SD **might** work. The reason I say might is that the SD is on the smaller side of a FTA dish and RTN isnt the most strongest out there (but the power has been raised recently). So I don't know if it will work.

On G18 there are stations that are affiliated with AMGTV, ThisTV, Fox, ABC, My Network. Here are the schedules for This & AMG

http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/163542-rtn-thistv-amgtv-schedules.html

as for a receiver, there are lots out there. My personal recommendations are Pansat, Fortec, Coolsat or Visionsat. All are great recievers. Visionsat is a PVR capable unit.

turbo

The SD has a linear LNB so he's OK with that...he'll need to do some converting because of the bandstacked issue but should be OK ;)

I thought that was true, but there's so many of these pay-tv system dish variations I can't keep them in my memory long.

I have several, modded to mount TechSat Tracker II (redhead) lnb's. They are on 129,101,97, and 74. I was having trouble on 123/125 and switched to bigger dishes for those birds. 97 and 129 are easy to hit.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Fortec Lifetime classic problems

Looking for FTA Receiver with recording

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)