Fortec Lifetime classic problems

Status
Please reply by conversation.

melbfla

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Dec 6, 2006
Hello I have a Lifetime Classic receiver and system I purchased from Sadoun around 2 years ago. The system works great and have been getting the arc from 30W to 127W. The problem I am running into is if I want to add a transporter manually it will not let me I have done it before, also if I try to add a new sat it locks up can not even turn it off have to use the switch in the back. I have deleted channels and even whole satellites using the clear methods in the manual, I have notice it does not remove the transporters only the channel data, I thougth maybe it is running out of memory.
Anyone has any ideas?

It does sound like you've exhausted the transponder memory. You can remove transponders manually. I had the same problem and fixed it by going through and deleting transponders from satellites I couldn't get and a bunch of c-band transponders (I am Ku only). I don't know of any quick way to do it. I just deleted them one at a time.

sounds like transponder overload...best to start deleting transponders

If you are KU only delete all the TP's in the C-band sats (as noted above) then start deleting the ones from KU. I dont know if the Fortec saves the channels when the transponder is deleted (the Pansats do)

I have to clear out dead TPs about 2 to 3 times a year. It will lock up the classic NA, especially if your are blind scanning a lot like I do

Thanks mred, Iceberg and scottc98
Well after looking at things more closely I realized that even when you do Erase one Satellite under the clear data menu, it does not delete the transporters for that satellite only removes the channels and from the list.
Anyhow I went back and deleted the transporters one by one that where not in use. The problem went away I guess I was out of memory.
Thank you again for your help

glad it was something simple

by the way...does the Fortec lose the channel if you delete the transponder? As I mentioned above the Pansats dont but the Coolsat's do (8000/8100 dont)

try and delete a transponder with a channel that is logged (like Ohio News Network as example) and see if the channel is still there

Yes the Fortec does delete the channels on the transponder. Deleting channels by themselves did not free up enough memory.

Status
Please reply by conversation.