What FW you have on your AZbox today???

pro96

You Member, Member ?
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jul 18, 2005
OC
Just trying to see which one is the most stable one. I'm currently on 0.9.5209 on my Elite and seems to be giving issues lately. A lot of times it hangs with the spinning circle as I make a selection in the Setup menu.

ICS HP Touchpad using Tapatalk HD

I only use mine for 4:2:2 feeds and once in a while the HD feed (I have a Manhattan that I use for the HD feeds). That software has been around for 8-9 months now and I havent had any issues with it

5020 on both my AZs but like Ice, I don't really use them that much since I got my S9s. That firmware seems to work OK though.

Ok 5020 is kinda old tho

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

I have factory image 0.9.5309 installed. Released 09/07/2011.

I can't say that I have noticed any dramatic changes from one image to the next. The change at 0.9.5308 (separating the Ku and C-band sats) was probably the most noticeable, but I use my own Americanized list so it wasn't applicable to me.

Here is the official factory firmware changelog notes: AZBox Snapshots

RADAR

5306, last firmware version where streaming works (not that I use it very often, more so for test purposes than anything else).

Keith,

So, you are still streaming between your PC and AZBox / AZbox and PC with image 0.9.5306? Which support software are you using and what version number?
I was using an earlier version of VLC, but I don't recall which one just now. I'd have to go back and figure it out.

Mine has ceased to function. But, I have not returned to trying to reset it as I have been too busy with other items which are unrelated. I wasn't sure what killed it for me as I hadn't been using the streaming function for quite a while when I noticed that it was dead. I changed a lot of things since, so I could ID which one or if there were more than one program that was responsible.

RADAR

Keith,

So, you are still streaming between your PC and AZBox / AZbox and PC with image 0.9.5306? Which support software are you using and what version number?
I was using an earlier version of VLC, but I don't recall which one just now. I'd have to go back and figure it out.

I rarely stream, usually only when in an experimental mood! Otherwise, if I do stream, it is from the AZBox to a spare computer I have by my main one (for example, right now I am streaming Al Jazeera to it while I type, but only to test it). Haven't done a computer to AZBox in a long time, much easier to ftp to AZBox and watch that way. I use VLC, and an old version 0.8.6i.

Firmware after 5306 apparently has problems streaming, and since there seemed to be little benefit to upgrading to later versions (all of which I tried), I have stuck with 5306 to keep the streaming function.

I have factory 0.9.5309 az premium plus .But I dont use az much update yes all the time .Since I got my vantage vt1 are the receiver I uze all the time and vantage 1100 hd

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)