What happen to CH 364 VLCTY

Thanks to everyone for clearing this up. I guess I will have to subscribe to BB to get Ch 364 and the other channels in that come in that package pluse the streaming movies. I have Netflix and that has been working great. I guess Dish likes to let you get used to a channel and then move it to a package that cost more, they have done that before. One other question, does Dish charge a fee to connect wireless.

Bobby

No fee to connect to the internet, wireless or otherwise. You do need the Dongle they sell however, unless you can get that exact one somewhere. From reading posts others don't seem to work.

I know it doesn't make it any more palatable, but other providers have done the same things with channels.

To add to any confusion this has caused, I noticed ch. 364 was missing on 12/14. Contacted Dish then and again on 12/15 and was also told I needed BB Movie pass. I switched from cable to Dish to save $, so I'm not going to do that.

Tonight ch. 364 is back. I don't know what to expect tomorrow.

So do I have BB online as default since I had Platinum pack? Im logged into my account at dish network. HD Platinum was checked , but I logged into the BB Movie pass site, went back and see its now unchecked. And the channel guide on the Dish Online site doesnt have any of the channels I had before.

Im so upset right now. I had a bunch of shows lined up on my DVR that I'll miss and trying to figure out whats going on is confusing.

I too have several programs on my DVR as well. I have voiced my opinion on twitter and will keep on until something is done. This all came about without warning. Very low indeed. This is just another ploy to squeeze us for more money. I refuse to purchase BB, I don't even like them. I have the everything pack, what more do they want from me, Blood? No way.

Same here. I pay big bucks for the "Everything" pack, doesn't that mean I'm supposed to get everything? Now I find tonight 364 has disappeared. From the first time it hit the air as HD Theater, it's been one of my most-watched channels. I liked the new program line-up.

I'm pissed. I've been with Dish for over ten years, sending them >$100 every month, but I think this will finally push me into looking at alternative providers.

Same here. I pay big bucks for the "Everything" pack, doesn't that mean I'm supposed to get everything? Now I find tonight 364 has disappeared. From the first time it hit the air as HD Theater, it's been one of my most-watched channels. I liked the new program line-up.

I'm pissed. I've been with Dish for over ten years, sending them >$100 every month, but I think this will finally push me into looking at alternative providers.

I spent an hour last night with dish chat trying to find out how I can get back the channels that's missing from my everything pak. I either have to get the Blockbuster pak or get the America gold. I will not be bullied to purchase a pak that I don't want and the other one doesn't carry some of the channels that I watch.
I say we all take to twitter and let Dish know that we wont be taken advantage of.

I'm confused. This channel has been in a pack called "Platinum HD" for a long time, Dish changes it to "BlockBuster At Home" that includes the SAME group of channels plus more features & an uproar gets started? If you lost the channel you either:
1. Did not subscribe to the correct pack from the beginning, or
2. You had a "free preview" of some sort that has expired.
(Mine went seamlessly from Platinum to BB at Home with no loss of channels)

So HD Theater was renamed to Velocity. Did not know that.:eek: You sure can get educated on this forum. Or maybe it is because I just have too many channels to keep track of. Ah, I remember when we only had about 8 channels.......:rolleyes:
Must not have actually watched the channel lately because for a solid month before they switched over last October, every commercial break had a Velocity promo making you aware of the change.
The channel specializes in nonfictional high-definition programming, focusing on expensive cars, sports related shows, and other programming targeted at men ages 25–54.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Velocity_(TV_channel)

Thats because the one year free Platinum Package which was given to you FREE as part of DISH Networks 30th Aniversary has come to an end.

Again that was a GIFT given to you by DISH for an entire year! (Some people got free Platinum (which is now Blockbuster @HOME) others got Starz Free for a year, and other got 6 free PPV movies for their gift)

Did you make any changes to your account recently though the website? For example, when I added HBO through the website it re-aligned my subscription to packages that were currently being offered. It took away my superstation pack that I had for years prior and instead made me subscribe to each channel individually costing me an extra $3 or $4 /month.

I'm confused. This channel has been in a pack called "Platinum HD" for a long time, Dish changes it to "BlockBuster At Home" that includes the SAME group of channels plus more features & an uproar gets started? If you lost the channel you either:
1. Did not subscribe to the correct pack from the beginning, or
2. You had a "free preview" of some sort that has expired.
(Mine went seamlessly from Platinum to BB at Home with no loss of channels)

I had the same pak as you. Only difference is that they now want me to pay $10/month for the Blockbuster pak. i will not do that. I have the Everything pak and already pay $130 + tax for my pak I am not going to fork over an extra $10 for Blockbuster, which does not interest me.

Thats because the one year free Platinum Package which was given to you FREE as part of DISH Networks 30th Aniversary has come to an end.

Again that was a GIFT given to you by DISH for an entire year! (Some people got free Platinum (which is now Blockbuster @HOME) others got Starz Free for a year, and other got 6 free PPV movies for their gift)
This post answers the OP's question. If more people end up leaving or threaten to leave because they no longer are getting something that they were given for FREE, Dish may just stop offering freebies.

This post answers the OP's question. If more people end up leaving or threaten to leave because they no longer are getting something that they were given for FREE, Dish may just stop offering freebies.

I have no problem with them taking the channel away, but, a notice that I was about to lose it before hand would've given me time to decide if I want to add Blockbuster to my pak. as I have said before, I don't want Blockbuster. A very simple solution would be for us, the consumer, to chose the channels that we want and the provider charge for that. Then you either pay or find another avenue. I have several channels that I dont want on my pak. Just give my what I would like to watch and I would gladly pay for that privilege.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts