Hopper S234 Annoyance

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

j6harri

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 9, 2004
Rogers, AR
I have 2 young children, they like to play with the remote control. So once I get to the channel we want to watch, I hit the AUX button and let them go to town. Starting with S234, now I get a pop-up box Attention 908 that stays bouncing on the screen all the time until I hit the SAT button again. Does anyone know of a way to disable this?

I would teach my children that the remote control is not a toy and hand them something that is....... Just a thought. An example of this was, in 1952, I liked to play with the telephone. In those days you paid for every call , local or long distance. I got in real trouble when I just lifted the receiver....

I noticed this yesterday as well, except it was very annoying in the fact that it stayed up and roaming the screen even after I set the remote back to the SAT functions. I had to press the SAT button a bunch of times before the stupid thing went away. The remote has full batterys as I just replaced the chinese knockoff brand they shipped with the remote a week or so ago.

My son no longer falls for that trick and he's 15 months old. I just program and old remote to a random number and let him have it. If that sat light doesn't light up.. He knows something wrong.

Smart kid, no doubt where he gets it. ;)

I noticed this yesterday as well, except it was very annoying in the fact that it stayed up and roaming the screen even after I set the remote back to the SAT functions. I had to press the SAT button a bunch of times before the stupid thing went away. The remote has full batterys as I just replaced the chinese knockoff brand they shipped with the remote a week or so ago.

Same here, I always left that feature on for the wife, but recently I haver noticed that it does get stuck and takes several attempts to get it to go away. Also sometimes it does not come on at all or comes on when I switch back to sat. Grr

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys sweet app.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts