Hopper S234 Annoyance

j6harri

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 9, 2004
Rogers, AR
I have 2 young children, they like to play with the remote control. So once I get to the channel we want to watch, I hit the AUX button and let them go to town. Starting with S234, now I get a pop-up box Attention 908 that stays bouncing on the screen all the time until I hit the SAT button again. Does anyone know of a way to disable this?

I would teach my children that the remote control is not a toy and hand them something that is....... Just a thought. An example of this was, in 1952, I liked to play with the telephone. In those days you paid for every call , local or long distance. I got in real trouble when I just lifted the receiver....

I noticed this yesterday as well, except it was very annoying in the fact that it stayed up and roaming the screen even after I set the remote back to the SAT functions. I had to press the SAT button a bunch of times before the stupid thing went away. The remote has full batterys as I just replaced the chinese knockoff brand they shipped with the remote a week or so ago.

My son no longer falls for that trick and he's 15 months old. I just program and old remote to a random number and let him have it. If that sat light doesn't light up.. He knows something wrong.

Smart kid, no doubt where he gets it. ;)

I noticed this yesterday as well, except it was very annoying in the fact that it stayed up and roaming the screen even after I set the remote back to the SAT functions. I had to press the SAT button a bunch of times before the stupid thing went away. The remote has full batterys as I just replaced the chinese knockoff brand they shipped with the remote a week or so ago.

Same here, I always left that feature on for the wife, but recently I haver noticed that it does get stuck and takes several attempts to get it to go away. Also sometimes it does not come on at all or comes on when I switch back to sat. Grr

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys sweet app.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)