What happen to pbj on ses2?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

superslug

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 15, 2011
Trenton,MO
Does anyone know were PBJ as move to? Only get metv 1,this network,rtv,weathernationhd on c band. Thanks for the help...

PBJ would be on the same transponder as RTV...note there are 2 TP's for RTV

3800 H 29125
4080 H 29125

Both are S2 which if you are getting weather nation you have a S2 receiver ;)

About the same but I did get the PBJ in. Peanut Butter Jelly I like the Lone Ranger and Fat Albert. Thanks for the help

How good is the Weather Nation compared to the Weather Channel just wondering?

with both you're not missing much.

We have a feed of WN here in Minneapolis on the NBC (the guy who owns WN use to be the weather guy on NBC 11 so yeah....) and its basically seems to be a loop of the nation. They have "local" spots which for us is nothing more than a pre-taped forecast from earlier in the day

They finally added a local radar but its so small you cant see where exactly the bad weather is.

Yep getting Weathernation is not something to get all excited about.

That's very true on Antenna TV and Country, but our local stations tends to foot dragging on adding new sub channels stations. Albuquerque's TV market is a werd one IMHO compared to the rest of country.:p

Sure there's lots more goodies stuff out there like MHz world view, since I like to see Assi Rule football game covereges land down under:hungry: so there's is plenty of room left here in Albuquerque's TV market # 44.

it looks like you have a good variety of options...and I'm not considering the religious or spanish ones ;)
CoolTV (Fox)
ThisTV (NBC)
MyFamily (ind)
Tuff (ind..subchannel of MyFamily)
PBJ (ind..subchannel of MyFamily)
MeTV (own station)
LegacyTV (Religious)

We have Antenna TV, MeTV, ThisTV, Country and Cool TV as subchannels here in Minneapolis. If it wasnt for Hubbard we wouldnt have much. (Antenna, This and Me are on subchannels of the Independent station in town)...Hubbard owns your NBC station too (hence ThisTV being a sub)

You may know this or not KOB-TV is the oldest TV station in New Mexico back in 1948, was started by Pepperday and later Hubbard buy the station in 1957! If you go to KOB-DT's website and look for KOB TV history and it's fun reading it.:)

I hope you will enjoy it!:cool:

http://www.kob.com/article/533/

Last edited:
Hubbard didnt start KOB...he bought it in 57 (wiki it)
KSTP 5 in Minneapolis was his 1st station...started it back in late 47/early 48
Ironically Hubbard started what is now 1500 KSTP radio back in 1925 :eek:

Crazy thing is Hubbard owns all the NBC stations licensed in NM and all the ABC stations licensed to MN. Difference is it looks like 4 NBC stations are all the same station. Here in Minnesota its 3 different markets but 6 ABC stations (3 are satellite stations) and the Independent in Minneapolis.

sorry to get off topic ;)

How good is the Weather Nation compared to the Weather Channel just wondering?

Weathernation runs their so called HD (1080i/30) channel highly compressed / low bit-rate so it doesn't look so hot. It's so-so quality. Better than SD, not up to par for HD. But then again, I'm a nit picker..

And at night they run infomercials aka scamercials, even if there is a hurricane offshore or tornados razing the countryside. Not cool.

But then on the other hand, they don't run those reality shows like TWC does.
I don't know what TWC's policy is about serious weather problems such as hurricanes and tornadoes. I don't know if they will supersede "shows" to cover major weather events or not.
I just became a Dish customer a few months ago and hurricane season just started this month and so far, so good.

But the bottom line is, it's free.

considering its mainly used as a subchannel they dont need to run the bandwidth so high

And at night they run infomercials
and??? Weather channel runs them during the day :p

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)