What Happend to SNY HD ? DirecTV Removed It

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Lucky

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 8, 2003
New York
I put on SNY HD on channel 625 tonight, and guess what DirecTV has SNY listed as channel 625 in SD in the guide twice. What happend to SNY HD ? It was a 24 hour channel, and now apparently DirecTV removed the HD channel and put on the SD channel twice.

What is going on here. This better be fixed before baseball starts. The Mets announced today that they are doing all games in HD this season, and now DirecTV removes the HD channel. Any ideas what happend ?

I still shows 625 HD in my EPG and there should be an HD program on right now; can you check it? "Daily News Live!"

Try manually typing it in or be sure to be in "all channels" if you are in a FAV List.

They always had two channel 625's. One was an HD version and one was an SD version. In the guide data they still have HD programming listed on one of the two channel 625's. However, as of yesterday both of the channel 625's were the SD channel. It must be a mistake. They seemed to remove the HD channel, and now have two SD channel 625's. How do we let them know to turn the HD channel back on ?

I just checked here in CT and I have the hd channel. There must be something wrong on your end. Try resetting your receiver through the menu.

I just checked here in CT and I have the hd channel. There must be something wrong on your end. Try resetting your receiver through the menu.

Just checked, and now it is fixed. A lot of people on dbstalk talk saw the problem, too. They must have fixed it this morning.

Just checked, and now it is fixed. A lot of people on dbstalk talk saw the problem, too. They must have fixed it this morning.

I posted yesterday at 10pm (about 2.5hrs after you) that I had it fine; so the guess "they fixed it today" doesn't fly. That channel DOES have some programming that is not produced in HD. So you really need to know what you are looking at and when.

I posted yesterday at 10pm (about 2.5hrs after you) that I had it fine; so the guess "they fixed it today" doesn't fly. That channel DOES have some programming that is not produced in HD. So you really need to know what you are looking at and when.

You don't know what you are talking about. There was about 10 other people on dbstalk that also did not have the HD channel. Everyone said it was off. The HD channel did not come back on until Friday morning. No one had it, including you.

Whatever, was going on was a bit strange. My boxes were showing 2 channels for SNY. Neither of them had the HD next to the call letters, but the program name box did show HD on the first of the two listings. I have SD duplicates turned off on my boxes. Since I don't have Sports Pack, I could not tell you if the program on my boxes would have been in HD or not. However, my sister has a NY box down here while on vacation had everything as normal. Only one channel showing in the guide, and that was in HD.

You don't know what you are talking about. There was about 10 other people on dbstalk that also did not have the HD channel. Everyone said it was off. The HD channel did not come back on until Friday morning. No one had it, including you.

Thats right; your right; NOT! How in the hell would you know? I guess you were sitting right next to me? Hell you didn't even reply back at that time; likely weren't even watching TV; what a jackass.

I tuned to the program I listed at 10pm for you to check in an effort to help you out; thats all. I WAS WATCHING IT JUST AS DESCRIBED. No reason to make it up.

Last edited:
Thats right; your right; NOT! How in the hell would you know? I guess you were sitting right next to me? Hell you didn't even reply back at that time; likely weren't even watching TV; what a jackass.

I tuned to the program I listed at 10pm for you to check in an effort to help you out; thats all. I WAS WATCHING IT JUST AS DESCRIBED. No reason to make it up.
*phew*.. someone must have had some nasty bourbon...

Let's all stop arguing and just revel in the fact that we all get Mets games in HD.

I do have one question about this: Since the Mets are a "local" market for me, sometimes they have games carried on CW or MyTV (I can't remember which but I'm pretty sure it's CW.) I get HD versions of both, and since they basically use the SNY feed, does that mean that the HD feeds will be carried by these affiliates as well?

Seems kinda odd when you ask someone to check and see if they get a channel your not, and they come back and say YES I am, for that person to dispute the person trying to help them.....

IF he didn't want anyone to check and help out, why did he ask ?

Jimbo

Last edited:
*phew*.. someone must have had some nasty bourbon...

Let's all stop arguing and just revel in the fact that we all get Mets games in HD.

I do have one question about this: Since the Mets are a "local" market for me, sometimes they have games carried on CW or MyTV (I can't remember which but I'm pretty sure it's CW.) I get HD versions of both, and since they basically use the SNY feed, does that mean that the HD feeds will be carried by these affiliates as well?

I can't say for certain about the Mets, but the Yankee games last year that were carried locally were not in hd. Fox has the contract now for the Yanks. Maybe they will have them in hd.

All I know is when I saw this post on the night in question, SNYHD was gone and renamed just SNY. I went into my favorites and saw another SNY, added it, since I have hide SD duplicates, both were SD though. The next day SNYHD was back & the channel was named correctly with only one SNY being displayed in my guide. So all was back to normal.

All I know is when I saw this post on the night in question, SNYHD was gone and renamed just SNY. I went into my favorites and saw another SNY, added it, since I have hide SD duplicates, both were SD though. The next day SNYHD was back & the channel was named correctly with only one SNY being displayed in my guide. So all was back to normal.

Maybe they were making adjustments , It's not a big deal unless you were missing a game from that channel at the time.

Jimbo

Maybe they were making adjustments , It's not a big deal unless you were missing a game from that channel at the time.

Jimbo
You wouldn't see me complaining if the CSN Chicago station went like this during a game, since it would likely be better than the alternative of watching the Bulls play. ;p

Yeah I'm a bit of a jilted fan.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)