Status
Please reply by conversation.

Viking D

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 20, 2010
NE WA
Good Morning,

Hey, does anyone out there know where ABC went? I watched it for several years on G16 @ 99°W then suddenly last winter it disappeared. I have a Pansat 250 SM and a big C Band dish with KU.

I truly appreciate any help from all you knowledgable folks.

Viking D

Hey Fat Air,

Thanks for the info. That explains it. Now, what equipment do I need in order to get HD?

Thanks

The SD feed was so bit starved it made a you tube video look good ;)

as for a HD reciever, there are a few out there
Pansat 9200
Coolsat 8000/8100
Sathawk/Solomend
azbox
Sonicview 8000

all will get HD

720 V. 1080

Mabe it's just me but this whole 720 vs. 1080i thing just grinds my gears. They are pretty much the same when it comes to resolution. 720P has all the horizontal lines, 1080i has half the horizonal lines so it's resolution is 1/2 that of 720. 720 is 1280 pixels wide, 1080i is 1920 pixels wide so 1080i wins on that one. 720 is cleaner and smoother for sports; 1080i shows more motion artifacts. Truth be told, they each have plusses and minuses but they are just about equal. The big limiting factor is the data rate, but that is independent of the format.

Hmm, I was wondering how they were different.

1080i does give a better still picture though.

i means "interlaced". It scans once and then scans in between. I think 1080i has 1080/720 times the resolution of 720p.

I did see problems with 1080i when watching World Cup Football last June: the ball flying in the air framed against the crowd didn't look right.

You can find limited programming for ABC on Anik F3 with KDEV which has ABC evening programs. Normally they only carry the evening programming as paid programming mostly during the day.
KDEV-LP is a television station in Cheyenne, WY that serves the Cheyenne - Scottsbluff television market. The station runs programming from the ABC network. KDEV-LP is a low-power television station that operates with 10 kilowatts of power.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)