What Happened To Commercial Skip ?

All the repetitious detailing of DIsh's superb business acumen in using AH to leverage power against the content providers doesn't explain how lackadaisical they are in implementing it for their customers. For instance, 3 days later and still no hopper icon on Season 3 ep 1 of Hannibal. No contract restriction that precludes it AFAIK. Probably will never get AH, with no explanation given. Not a good way to treat a customer; even a fore-flushing, neanderthal thinking, lazy SOB, AH user!
I am not at home, and will not be for the next 2 or 3 weeks, so I cannot see if I have it or not, but I can say that some shows will be not have autohop for one or two episodes out of the season. This was covered when advertised and sold, and received as "Select broadcasts" , and I am assuming(this is just a mere guess) that it does have something to do with contracts or keeping the channel owners happy for the courts when Dish can say "See, there was no difference". That is just my two cents, but as far as episodes, that is entirely possible. Another thing that could have occured, is if you lost power or signal in the PTAT time frame, I have seen it where autohop does not work that night, because it does not know where to implant the keys.

What ever Gary. :rolleyes: Luckily I don't worry too much about what you think about. I think you are little too fixated about being right and as such ,you miss the bigger picture.
:computerwindow
Quite the opposite. I'm looking at the bigger picture, while you guys are are fixating on minutiae.

I don't worry about what anybody thinks about. So, I understand that point.

Reactions: dare2be
It is going to be their way of selling ad time. With auto hop it is harder to sell ad time, but that is their issue... Not the consumers. Me personally. I don't mind the banners and pop ups during shows, which would be more effective if they ran shows longer, and advertised while the show was playing.

No Thank You, on that one.:thumbdown:biggrin
Ha, I know it would likely be the majority opinion, your stance, but that was just me personally. For me, shows are really just a way to escape reality, so as long as those ads do not take up to much room, and make no noise, I would be ok with it. Like when Fox advertises Simpsons during New Girl. just a small corner, and completely out of mind. Hell, may even be more effective for advertisers as it would deliver that subconscious sell, and makes the brain assume it is something truly needed and desired, rather than just the crap we all can logically think it is.

Ha, I know it would likely be the majority opinion, your stance, but that was just me personally. For me, shows are really just a way to escape reality, so as long as those ads do not take up to much room, and make no noise, I would be ok with it. Like when Fox advertises Simpsons during New Girl. just a small corner, and completely out of mind.
The station/network bugs are bad enough.

Reactions: GaryPen and dare2be
Depends. If going for the most negative extreme of caring it has to be, "Could not care less" ;)
And this is much more fun then the Auto Hop being off for a few days topic. :)
Kind of a sign this thread has more than run it's course... "do, or don't you" agree???:bounce

Reactions: ChadT41
I agree it has devolved into discussion about minute details , that some care about and the rest could care less about. I don't care if that is grammatically correct either. Everyone knows what it means when you say could care less.

It is going to be their way of selling ad time. With auto hop it is harder to sell ad time, but that is their issue... Not the consumers. Me personally. I don't mind the banners and pop ups during shows, which would be more effective if they ran shows longer, and advertised while the show was playing.
¥
Some of those banners take up a full 1/4 of the bottom of the screen. And some are animated. It's as if the broadcaster is trying to tell us we'll like the ads they show on this other show better than the show we're trying to watch.

Broadcasters are the only business I know that think it is a good idea to pollute their product.

Reactions: ChadT41 and dare2be
Why not...here goes.

I submit that it's "could care less", because if you really couldn't care less, then you wouldn't have said/typed anything at all.

Product placement seems to be on the rise. It wasn't that long ago that the items would be altered so you couldn't see a brand name. Not any more....

250043-tv-show-house-m-d.jpg

coors-2.png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)