What happened to Dish on Demand??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jldtyrrell

Original poster
Jan 5, 2012
United States
I have always rented the movies on demand as opposed to PPV, because with on demand I can watch it whenever as opposed to being locked into the PPV times. Anyway, I got on yesterday to rent a movie and my On Demand channels have disappeared. They usually show up on Channel 1 or 501. But now when I try to go to them or pull them up on the Channel guide these channels don't even show up anymore. I have the program guide set to All Channels, so this isn't the problem. I was recently having a problem with the program guide not downloading and none of my shows were recording because the program guide was messed up. So yesterday I reset it, (that didn't fix the problem), I did a check system (that didn't fix the problem), I unplugged it waited then plugged it back in. After almost half an hour (once the system had restarted, etc...) I finally was able to open my program guide (it was finally fixed), but still it doesn't show any Dish on Demand movies. I pulled up the website to see what the problem could be, they list a ton of movies on demand that I really want to watch, but I can't because they're not showing up on my tv. I have the 722 model. Thanks in advance for any help.

Some of them do. But the website was listing some available on demand that aren't showing up when I go into the DVR menu. For example, I was wanting to watch Contagion. The website shows it available on demand. But it's nowhere on my list when I open the DVR menu of available movies.

I've seen the 1/501 titles deleted before, but they usually build back up over the next couple of days.

No. I've had this one for at least a year, maybe more. Been a dish member for 10 years, but within the past couple years we got the 722 so we'd have the HD and the DVR.

Have you noticed any problems with DVR recordings? You mentioned that the guide was not staying up to date and with the VOD's not all showing up it sounds to me like the 722 maybe failing.

Haven't had any problems until the first of the year. We had a show set to record last night and when we realized it wasn't recording we pulled up our schedule to see why not. The recording schedule for the whole week said "No Info Available" Then it showed several time slots set to record at like 2am 3 am, etc.. We don't have shows set to record at those times. But all the time slots where we do normally have shows set to record it was crossed out. Both slots (the ones crossed out and the ones showing a recording at 2 am said "no Info available") After I did all the reset, etc... the program guide came back up just fine and all the scheduled programs were fixed. It just screwed up on the one recording at 8. It's never done this before.

Haven't had any problems until the first of the year. We had a show set to record last night and when we realized it wasn't recording we pulled up our schedule to see why not. The recording schedule for the whole week said "No Info Available" Then it showed several time slots set to record at like 2am 3 am, etc.. We don't have shows set to record at those times. But all the time slots where we do normally have shows set to record it was crossed out. Both slots (the ones crossed out and the ones showing a recording at 2 am said "no Info available") After I did all the reset, etc... the program guide came back up just fine and all the scheduled programs were fixed. It just screwed up on the one recording at 8. It's never done this before.

Keep an eye on it for a day or two. If it happens again or if all of the VOD offerings do not appear, please PM me with your account number and we can setup for a replacement receiver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)