What Happened to Esquire?

Not familiar with that thread and it's irrelevant anyway. Just offering my opinion which, oh by the way, I'm allowed to do.
Where did i say you were not? I was referring to the multiple posts in multiple threads complaining about viceland which in this thread happened to be yours. I have only watched it a few times myself but if there was a channel that bothered me that much, i would simply block it from my guide.

Sent from my SM-G920P using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: Tampa8
Where did i say you were not? I was referring to the multiple posts in multiple threads complaining about viceland which in this thread happened to be yours. I have only watched it a few times myself but if there was a channel that bothered me that much, i would simply block it from my guide.

Has it shutdown yet?

Sent from my SM-G920V using the SatelliteGuys app!

Viceland continues onward. Their Marijuana series was good. I've seen a few other programs on it. I don't see it lasting on sat or cable beyond whatever deal they have. But I'd watch the rare program via Roku, if free.

Reactions: ChadT41
Reactions: ChadT41
Viceland continues onward. Their Marijuana series was good. I've seen a few other programs on it. I don't see it lasting on sat or cable beyond whatever deal they have. But I'd watch the rare program via Roku, if free.

Honestly either all vice programming needs to be on Viceland (aka the HBO programs) or all Viceland programming needs to move to HBO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just noticed the Esquire Channel (191) missing this morning. Anybody know what's going on?
Call Dish (800-333-3474) and complain that is the only way we will get the channel back. Customer Service never reads what we write on the support page or any other page. They should have told us the channel was being removed not just take the channel away. PLEASE CALL

Call Dish (800-333-3474) and complain that is the only way we will get the channel back. Customer Service never reads what we write on the support page or any other page. They should have told us the channel was being removed not just take the channel away. PLEASE CALL
Vivek Khemka and a few other high ranking execs read and respond on this page frequently. Also, your service agreement states that no notification is necessary.

There is too much over reacting going on here. Why should it bother you if multiple people post an opinion on the same subject? And the "if there was a channel that bothered me that much" comment makes no sense what-so-ever since my post was a "why one not the other" question. Never said it bothered me, I was simply presenting my view of relative viewing value. Some people need to cut back on their caffeine.

My understanding is that NBC Universal will be sunsetting the Esquire channel sometime over the next 6 months, and thus when it was time for renewal for this channel it was mutually decided to not renew the channel.

That says a lot. I guess the metro-sexual man movement isn't as strong as NBC-U thought and banked it being.

My understanding is that NBC Universal will be sunsetting the Esquire channel sometime over the next 6 months, and thus when it was time for renewal for this channel it was mutually decided to not renew the channel.

So.... all this vitriol was misplaced?

Wasn't Esquire supposed to be NBC's version of Spike. What hurt it was the botched launch when G4 was supposed to go. Then it was delayed 6 months and they took Style instead. The channel has always been in limbo and now it's just James Bond movies and reruns.

No. Esquire was supposed to be an aim at grabbing male viewers for what I call "softer programing". Basically, it was an attempt to make a kind of blend between Style and Lifetime, for men. Hence my previous post about the metro-sexual male demo not being as strong as NBC-U hoped and banked on.

Reactions: Tampa8

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)