What Happened to Esquire?

I was at 145.00 a month, got it down to 70.00.
Waiting to hear from Comcast to see if they can give me cable in my area. They have the channel.

Reactions: Maeflye63
Esquire removal has wife demanding we go back to DirecTV so she can get her fix of NCIS-LA. I suppose no other channel is programming reruns.

Esquire removal has wife demanding we go back to DirecTV so she can get her fix of NCIS-LA. I suppose no other channel is programming reruns.
USA has some of them but not enough in order either. I just check my Dish (USA) and The CSI skips ahead about 10 episodes and then jumps back to the 72. I guess I will be checking into other forms of TV.

USA has been running them but not as often as Esquire had.

Just FYI, Esquire on DirecTV is only SD, no HD available there.

Call Dish and let them know you want Esquire back. I did and they said it was important that we call and tell them, that the more people complain the better the chance that they will bring it back. They are currently trying to renegotiate their contract with the owners of Esquire. The six month five dollar discount they gave wasn't a lot but every little bit helps.

They offered me the same but thier computer was down and they couldnt complete the credit. Was told to call back, I did but no joy. They wouldnt give me the discount, When my contract is done Im gone. Keep your word Dish!

Reactions: pattykay
Call Dish and let them know you want Esquire back. I did and they said it was important that we call and tell them, that the more people complain the better the chance that they will bring it back. They are currently trying to renegotiate their contract with the owners of Esquire. The six month five dollar discount they gave wasn't a lot but every little bit helps.
I can almost guarantee there are no negotiations being done with NBCU right now for Esquire, and given the link posted above, NBCU may be eliminating it in the future and this is just the beginning.

national version of METV in HD would be much much better..just sayin

I actually get an HD version on my local sub channel of my Abc/Nbc station. It makes older shows pop in clear HD resolution.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys mobile app

I actually get an HD version on my local sub channel of my Abc/Nbc station. It makes older shows pop in clear HD resolution.

I hadn't been watching MeTV much since I got the H3 due to all the recording issues, but I was surprised recently when I flipped over and found the local affiliate had switched to HD sometime this spring/summer. Nice surprise! :D

BTW...Condolences to the Esquire fans, too.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
I am so upset Esquire is gone. I never got to watch the orginal CSI and started watching it on Esquire. And I don't want to watch on the computer. If I did that I could get rid of Dish all together. So where can I watch it now from episode 278?
Do you have a library card? Perhaps your local public library has the old seasons on DVD, and you can check them out for free.

Reactions: navychop
Dang it. People are forgetting Esquire was showing a marathon of the original MacGyver every Wednesday -- you know, the series that is 100 times better than the garbage reboot that CBS just started showing a few weeks ago.

I also occasionally watched "Car Matchmaker with Spike Feresten". He's a funny guy, especially when he shows cars/trucks that are so expensive, most of us would never be able to afford them anyway.

Not a big loss, but I'm sure it was unexpected. I was wondering why I couldn't find Esquire tonight. Thought it might have been another dispute, but now we know it's permanent.

They also aired repeats of American Ninja Warrior, in case anyone liked that. It was a decent channel, but definitely not a deal-breaker.

Deal-breakers are the major channels like ESPN, Cartoon Network or Syfy.

Reactions: pattykay and Rixos

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)