What Happened to HDNet Test Pattern?!

general487

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 17, 2006
Winfield, AL
It isn't in the program guide and it isn't anywhere on their website (that I can find)!

I just got my 622 and want to calibrate my set. Any info?

so should I just record the "nothing but trailers" episode at 5:30? If they change the guide won't it stop before I actually record the test patterns?

I just checked and it is not in the guide. Maybe they won't be showing it. It is usually on at 5:50am central time, so I'd set a manual timer from 5:30 to 6:30 rather than recording the show in it's place and see what happens.

Wasn't in the guide when I got it. Found the time on HDNet's website, so set a manual timer for it. The Guide Data for that entire hour was Charlie's Angels. Got what I needed and renamed the recording.

where did you find it on their site? I looked everywhere. Does anyone know if they run a different feed to the west coas? I'd love to get this pattern recorded so I can calibrate my new lcd.

If it is cancelled, I wonder if it is a casualty to the down-rezzing of HDNET?

It was a full 1920x1080 test pattern. When down-rezzed to 1440x1080, who knows how badly it got screwed up? Say you are looking to see if your set resolves lines around 1250-1300. That section of the pattern wasn't left untouched during the downrezzing. Lines would have been removed from there. And then your 622 or TV is going to upconvert it back to 1920x1080 for display, most likely by doubling some of the remaining lines, which would surely screw up a test pattern.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)