What Happened to HDNet Test Pattern?!

The link Tom posted only contains the third HD Net Test pattern.

I have attached all three HDNet test patterns as well as the INHD Test patterns.

You could burn them to a CD if your DVD player accepts CD's of JPEGs, or you could put them on a USB device and use the 622s Media Link capabilites.

Because these are JPGs I doubt it will be a very good tool to test resolution and clipping. But it should work to help adjust brightness, contrast, sharpness, convergence, and color balance.

Another option is http://www.w6rz.net/ this site contains a lot of test patterns. If you have an HDDVD player he has included an image that you can burn to an hddvd. If not you can use the .ts files to create a regular dvd with the test patterns. Using these test patterns is a little more complex, and will either require prior knowledge or some research on teh intereweb.

Take the time to get the most out of your HDTV

HD Rules!!

Attachments

• test_patterns.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 138
I forgot to mention you can also purchase a calibration disc calle avia Digital Video Essentials. It costs ~$16 from amazon, and I believe it even comes with a blue filter.

I forgot to mention you can also purchase a calibration disc calle avia Digital Video Essentials. It costs ~$16 from amazon, and I believe it even comes with a blue filter.

The problem is that I don't have an HDMI dvd player to put it on my 622's input. I have calibration DVD's but can't use them for the 622's input.

Well, I recorded the "nothing but trailers" and of course the pattern was not there. But my wife and I loved the trailers and now plan on a few upcoming movies. :)

The link Tom posted only contains the third HD Net Test pattern.

I have attached all three HDNet test patterns as well as the INHD Test patterns.

You could burn them to a CD if your DVD player accepts CD's of JPEGs, or you could put them on a USB device and use the 622s Media Link capabilites.

Because these are JPGs I doubt it will be a very good tool to test resolution and clipping. But it should work to help adjust brightness, contrast, sharpness, convergence, and color balance.

Another option is http://www.w6rz.net/ this site contains a lot of test patterns. If you have an HDDVD player he has included an image that you can burn to an hddvd. If not you can use the .ts files to create a regular dvd with the test patterns. Using these test patterns is a little more complex, and will either require prior knowledge or some research on teh intereweb.

Take the time to get the most out of your HDTV

HD Rules!!

Thanks so much for these!!! I used them in my 622 last night for the color, tint, contrast, black level, and sharpness tests. They helped on convergence, but the receiver shrinks the picture so that I couldn't get a good read on the overscan. Hopefully the actual test pattern will come back on soon, but until it does, I have these saved on my 622 for future reference!!

Just a HEADS UP

The Test pattern is in the guide for Sunday Morning at 5:50 Central Time

I'm Recording it on my 942 maybe I'll get a 622 some day :(

Just a HEADS UP

The Test pattern is in the guide for Sunday Morning at 5:50 Central Time

I'm Recording it on my 942 maybe I'll get a 622 some day :(

DOH!

I didn't get this message till Monday morning!!!

I should check my e-mail more often.

I'll check the guide to see if it recurs next Sunday.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts