What happened to Sci-Fi

I haven't watched Friday's episode of BSG yet. I hope it's all there. I watched the preview friday on scifi.com and that looked like the first 10 minute of the episode so I should be okay.

That explains why my DVR recording was f-ed up.

Good thing I was watching it about 20 mins behind, I got to catch the 11pm showing!

Doctor rules!

The late Friday night airing (midnight) of BSG was the same way. Very strange.
When saw the problems in the live broadcast, I checked here, saw there were problems and set timers to record the later showings - figured I was safe!

Does anyone know if the later showing of Dr Who recorded OK? (that is, didn't dump half way through)

I too lost the second half of Dr. Who.... BG was fine. Had them recorded off the HD feed..... No problems with BG. Biggest problem is that SciFi doesn't rerun Dr. Who after the first night.... Grrr..... Gonna have to wait for the the reruns....

Didn't find out there was a problem until Sat. night (was watching Speed Racer in the theater on Fri...... fun eye candy... tastes great, less filling... go in with the right mindset and you'll have fun...)

I had the same problem with the 2nd half of Dr. Who, however I found out (by accident) that I could fast forward to the end of the show, then use the rewind button. This got me back to the point where the show originally cut off. Then I was able to watch the rest of Dr. Who! Using this procedure, I only lost a very little of the show.

So it looks like all the video was recorded, but something happened to the video stream that caused the show to cut out in the middle!

I had the same problem with the 2nd half of Dr. Who, however I found out (by accident) that I could fast forward to the end of the show, then use the rewind button.

By using the x300 speed advance? Tried that several times and it kept stopping at the same place.

Sammy033,

Yes, I was able to fast-forward past the "bad spot". It did not display the fast forwarding; instead the screen went immediately to the display that normally shows when you have watched a recording to the end. From that point, I was able to use the back skip and rewind buttons to rewind back to the point where the show originally cut off. (strangely, I could not rewind past this point, to the 1st half of the show that I already watched). From there I was able view the rest of the show.

That behavior sounds like it's related to my experience with BSG -- the recording appearing blank one time and playing correctly the next. But I can't check Dr. Who, because I already deleted it. That would explain why it showed up as an hour though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts