Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Just got this in my inbox.

*** NOTE ALL SLOTS FOR THIS BETA TEST ARE NOW FILLED, THANKS FOR YOUR HELP! ***

EchoStar is looking for 8 Beta Testers (could be more) for the EchoStar TR-40 (soon to be called DTVPal) OTA Digital TV Converter.

We are near the end of the Beta Testing and need to put the final software versions to the test. You must be willing to put the box through its “paces”, to include testing Menus, Locks, Timers, and channel quality/availability. In order to be considered, please send an email to EMAIL REMOVED PROGRAM FULL with the Subject “TR-40 Beta Tester Request”. Include your name, location (city and state), and hours available to test.

Once you have been accepted, you will receive an email with further instructions. This will be a quick turn-around as we anticipate sending the units out either this Friday (25 April 2008) or Monday (28 April 2008).

If you are accepted, and prove to be a valuable Beta Tester, you will also be considered to Beta Test the upcoming TR-50 (OTA Digital TV Converter with DVR).

Thank you for your time!

Last edited:
Put mine in. I'm a shoe in. I have grade A signals for both DC and Baltimore. They'd have to want me.

Well I sent my information in also. I'm sure there will be a lot who try to do this, so I don't expect to get chosen, but it sounds like fun. Plus I do need to get a converter for one of my TV's, so I could test run this one.

Sent mine in. Our area is pretty complicated getting a clean signal. Lots of multipath garbage because of surrounding mountains and trees, and towers in a variety of directions. Only a few channels, but if the TR-40 is a good device, getting the channels to come through would be great!

I have a coupon that expires June 17 and that will be too close so maybe this will let me stretch it out????
Plus I would love to test the 50, Thanks Scott

I sent the email

Scott,

Thanks for the information. I sent my name in. I'm in the same boat as several others. My Digital card coupons expire in mid June. I'd love to Beta Test the TR50, as well.

John

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts