Help Dish Network Beta Test!

The DBST post at 2:11 p.m. yesterday says that the pool has been picked. So anyone who sent in requests after that time didn't get in for sure and most likely anyone (like me) who sent theirs in around that time didn't get picked either.

Awww - guess I missed this one. Sure hope they can get the TR-40 out before my coupons expire. Hint hint - I would be very happy to redeem my coupons through DishStore.Net if they will carry the TR-40.

Sure hope they can get the TR-40 out before my coupons expire. Hint hint - I would be very happy to redeem my coupons through DishStore.Net if they will carry the TR-40.
Same here. I gather from DTV2009 that DishStore or other retailers can accept the coupons if they have the TR-40 in their warehouse ready to ship. So... If they can get some early stock, even models that need a software update (for example) before they works reliably, then I'd send in my coupons.

Me too!!

I was pleasantly surprised, too. This is literally the first good thing to happen in over a Month!!!

My info is on it's way back. Now for the waiting game.

nope, only the stuff that they note as being confidential. The arrival might be considered confidentail, but not the notice of consideration for evaluating. Mostly becasue the notice is delievered 'before' the NDA is in effect.

But you said that you just sent the NDA (meaning you "signed" it prior to posting that), so I would bet that would technically be in violation...

Here we go...

Since the info that we are being considered as evaluators is provided to us before the NDA, it can not be considered covered by the NDA. Only information provided to the evaluator AFTER the NDA is provided, and signed, can be considered covered by the NDA. Further, the NDA only covers those things (info, shape, color etc.) that are communicated as Confidential by the company providing said covered items.

So, the fact that we are evaluators is NOT covered by the NDA for specific reasons that ARE covered by the NDA.

Gotta love legalese!

Here we go...

Since the info that we are being considered as evaluators is provided to us before the NDA, it can not be considered covered by the NDA. Only information provided to the evaluator AFTER the NDA is provided, and signed, can be considered covered by the NDA. Further, the NDA only covers those things (info, shape, color etc.) that are communicated as Confidential by the company providing said covered items.

So, the fact that we are evaluators is NOT covered by the NDA for specific reasons that ARE covered by the NDA.

Gotta love legalese!

Yeah! What he said!

I am kind of surprised how many SatelliteGuys members were picked for this beta for the number of slots they had open.

A note to Beta Testers, DO NOT BREAK YOUR NDA.

When Dish finds good beta testers they like to keep them, and this includes keeping your NDA with them. If you like beta testing stuff then dont post anything publiclly regarding the beta process.

Well I am already 'beta' testing a bunch of their other stuff so I will pass....

What am I beta testing? Their customer service, their external hard drives, occasional 622 updates..

I am kind of surprised how many SatelliteGuys members were picked for this beta for the number of slots they had open.

A note to Beta Testers, DO NOT BREAK YOUR NDA.

When Dish finds good beta testers they like to keep them, and this includes keeping your NDA with them. If you like beta testing stuff then dont post anything publiclly regarding the beta process.

How many slots did they have open?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)