Help Dish Network Beta Test!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
No they're not.... There will be a mad rush to purchase boxes after Feb 2009. Only tech-types have bought them so far.

That is 100% wrong.

Go into any Wal-Mart, you'll find people who know nothing about tech, choosing between Magnavox and RCA, and turning in their cards they got from the government. I would say that at least 50% of these people do not even need these boxes, but they heard they needed to get them because the sky was falling.

P.S. Wal-Marts have been selling out of these converter boxes like crazy, usually only have one brand or the other in at a time.

Why would one need this anyway? Isn't it for people that have analog TV's?

Do people still "HAVE" analog TV's??:p

Almost everyone has an analog TV. The only people who need these are ones who don't subscribe to cable or satellite. I have 2 analog TVs and one digital. One of my analog sets is a 55" Mitsubishi rear projection HDTV. The other is a 27" Panasonic standard def tube. The only digital I have is a 32" Magnavox LCD in the bedroom. But they are all hooked p to Dish, so I ave no need for one of these units.

Last edited:
Almost everyone has an analog tv. The only people who need these are ones who don't subscribe to cable or satellite.

I guess I should have said analog "only" Almost everyone has an Analog/Digital TV, but few have an Analog only TV.

That's the only reason you would need this device, right? If you have an Analog only TV?

Besides being a sub to cable or sat, because several people in these forums that are beta testing this thing, obviously have sat.

My HDTV is analog only.

Besides I have a couple of old portable sets that will never be connected to satellite or cable.

I guess I should have said analog "only" Almost everyone has an Analog/Digital TV, but few have an Analog only TV.

That's the only reason you would need this device, right? If you have an Analog only TV?

Besides being a sub to cable or sat, because several people in these forums that are beta testing this thing, obviously have sat.

You're getting digital confused with HDTV. There are a huge amount of analog only HDTVs. There are many digital only SDTVs. Most people have analog only TVs. when do you think the population threw out all those TV made prior to a couple of years ago? Only a small amount of the population has replaced their TVs with new flat screens. Most people have regular analog tube sets.

No they're not.... There will be a mad rush to purchase boxes after Feb 2009. Only tech-types have bought them so far.

any idea about which of the current cheapie OTA boxes covered under the $40 coupon program is the most relaible for 24/7/365 operation?