What Happened?

Peter Parker

Formerly Geronimo
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 9, 2003
Yesterday I received error messages when I tried to log in or view a thread. I know I was not alone but the time stamps indicated that others were able to post.

What happened? Can I suggest that when things like this occur the front page contain a warning? will anyone pay attention to that suggestion?

Yesterday I received error messages when I tried to log in or view a thread. I know I was not alone but the time stamps indicated that others were able to post.

What happened? Can I suggest that when things like this occur the front page contain a warning? will anyone pay attention to that suggestion?
Same here.

Yesterday I received error messages when I tried to log in or view a thread.

I got the Securi timeout message yesterday. But I waited a few minutes and then it worked. Is that the error message you got?

We were traveling yesterday so I didn’t know it was happening. And it was only happening in some browsers.

We can’t post an announcement about it if we don’t know about it. :)

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Reactions: KE4EST
OK. So what happened. I tried Firefox, Chrome and the new Edge and they al failed. Just trying to understand what happened. Everyone knows I am nosy.

OK. So what happened.

Ironically I cannot open that link. Perhaps I am not supposed to know. Are you guys planning a surprise party for me?

Ironically I cannot open that link. Perhaps I am not supposed to know. Are you guys planning a surprise party for me?
Well that is strange. I copied the answer below:

The fix was to add the following to our Nginx config file (Nginx is our Webserver software)

"large_client_header_buffers 4 16k;"

And that solved it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts