What happens if you want 121 and 105?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

miguelaqui

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 14, 2004
What does Dish do if you want locals, from sat 105, and German, from sat 121?

Do you just have to choose one or the other?

Thanks

most of the internationals are also available on either 148 or 61.5

what's the intl package you want?

Two Superdishes and a DP44 comes to mind. E* has not yet released their single satellite dish for 105 and 121.

BTW: BFG ... both of the German package channels are 121 only. There are quite a few international channel packages that are not available on 61.5/148 or incomplete unless one has a SuperDish 121.

JL

justalurker said:
Two Superdishes and a DP44 comes to mind. E* has not yet released their single satellite dish for 105 and 121.

BTW: BFG ... both of the German package channels are 121 only. There are quite a few international channel packages that are not available on 61.5/148 or incomplete unless one has a SuperDish 121.

JL
Yes, I had thought of that, but I was not sure if, they were going to put the German and other int. channels on 105. now they have the new sat. at 105.

I figured they would eventually start making a SuperSuperDish whih will be able to receive 105 and 121

I've done several 121/105 SD combos. Generally speaking, the customer has to pay for the 2nd SD. Usually $199. The DP+44 may not be the only way, but it is certainly the best way to do this sort of set up

webbydude said:
I've done several 121/105 SD combos. Generally speaking, the customer has to pay for the 2nd SD. Usually $199. The DP+44 may not be the only way, but it is certainly the best way to do this sort of set up
Thanks..... That's what I was afraid of. Too many Superdishes. I really wish that they would just put all the int. channels on 105.

They can't do a 121/105 dish, FSS LNBF's need to have the center of the dish as the focal point for the LNBF. Unless they built a really ugle dual focal point dish.

mustang65 said:
Is e* making a dish just for the 105 and 121 birds? I hadn't heard that.
The dish would be for 105 *or* 121, not both at the same time. It has been rumored since January as an option for those who need a SuperDish but don't want to replace a working Dish500 setup ... or for those who wanted just 121 for internationals or needed 105 and 121.

JL

Dish has been making FSS LNB's in the standard D shape to fit Dish 500 style dishes for a while now . . . . but only available in Canada for ExpressVu customers. One of the main satellites used up there is an FSS. I believe the dish itself is a 30" version of the Dish500, ie about 8" larger.

JPointerWI said:
Dish has been making FSS LNB's in the standard D shape to fit Dish 500 style dishes for a while now . . . . but only available in Canada for ExpressVu customers. One of the main satellites used up there is an FSS. I believe the dish itself is a 30" version of the Dish500, ie about 8" larger.
umm... Bell Expressvu doesn't use FSS. Are you sure you don't mean Star Choice?

I could swear I've seen a picture of an FSS LNB that looked like the standard D size. It was made by echostar, and came from a DBS subscriber in canada, so I assumed it was from ExpressVU.

Just to let everybody happy........Expressvu originally was on a KU bird. The only reason why I know this is b/c, a couple of years ago, a guy was selling a lot of old EVU stuff; KU stuff. He said that EVU, before NIMIQ I, was on a KU sat. Makes sense to me.

that explains why those LNBF's are almost impossible to find. oh well, it was a nice thought. The other problem with that LNB is that it would be a legacy LNB, which would mean the whole system would have to be legacy, probably using a SW64/SW21 setup, not exactly a simple setup.

I forgot about those. They go way back, back to when Expressvu went by the name "Dish Network Canada" back in 1997. Bell changed the name when they bought it.
They shared satellite space with Star Choice on Anik E2 until N1 was launched in 1999.

A short history can be found at Expressvu History

Only problem with the lnb, if you can find one. Is that it will be legacy. Could much easier get a standard FSS LNB anywhere else. It should fit a D-bracket easy enough.

JPointerWI said:
that explains why those LNBF's are almost impossible to find. oh well, it was a nice thought. The other problem with that LNB is that it would be a legacy LNB, which would mean the whole system would have to be legacy, probably using a SW64/SW21 setup, not exactly a simple setup.

I received one of those lnbs with a 39" dish I had bought, I had to swap it out for DP. like JP mentioned it didnt work with DP switch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)