What happens to DishHD Absolute after Feburuary 1st?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Absolute HD is fine for me, paying $35 / month (Absolute/Cinemax/Locals/722 DVR) after all is said and done and a $5 credit/mo for a referral... It is great for the price, there are not many other channels that would make me look at another packages other than BBC America, FX, Spike, Comedy Central and maybe my RSN, but I get most of the RSN programming on my cable providers lifeline cable for $9.99...

When I go to try to change programming online, looks like I have an annual package?

Changes to annual subscription services are not available through online support. To make changes to these services, please call 1-888-884-2741.

I get the same message and I have HD Absolute, HBO,Starz,Cmax for .01 and a 722.

Just wanted to chime in and say I'm an HD Absolute customer as well, and have been since pretty much the first week it was available. I think I pay somewhere around $45/mo for Absolute, ViP722, locals. I just cut $5/mo off my bill last week by connecting an ethernet cable to the 722 (who knows how long ago I could've done that...nobody told me I could).

For what it's worth, I just noticed the new Crime&Investigation channel, which surprised me since I've been told by everyone here that I won't be seeing any new channels.

I'm sticking with Absolute for as long as I possibly can. Can't beat all these HD channels for under $50.

For what it's worth, I just noticed the new Crime&Investigation channel, which surprised me since I've been told by everyone here that I won't be seeing any new channels.
We, all Dish HD customers including Absolute customers, lost Smithsonian Channel though. The speculation is that if/when Dish and Smithsonian come to an agreement, we (Absolute customers) are likely to lose this "CI" channel.

The CI channel is just like ten other channels on tv. ie TNT, USA, WGN, A&E, etc. The Smithsonian channel is unique and real HD, whereas CI is mostly stretched o vision. I want Smithsonian back.

I loved HD Absolute for the two months that I had it, with Voom and all. Then without warning and only 2 months into my 18 month commitment, ZAP! Voom was gone and replaced with a lame, not really HD fishing channel and Smithsonian. Now 12 months into my commitment, ZAP Smithsonian is gone and as mentioned above, replaced by a "nothing" CI for the most part stretch-o-vision channel with the same programming that I never watched on Bravo HD or A and E HD in the first place. A Dish customer since, April 1997, 6 months more on this commitment and I will be leaving Dish for good. Too many ZAPs. I keep thinking about the old days when Dish truly was something different. It became the cable company somewhere along the line. Sad. What they have added in no way, shape or form makes up for what was taken away.

This was a classic bait and switch after I am locked in for 18 months.

Last edited:
The CI channel is just like ten other channels on tv. ie TNT, USA, WGN, A&E, etc. The Smithsonian channel is unique and real HD, whereas CI is mostly stretched o vision. I want Smithsonian back.

I couldn't agree with you more.

I do have to say that they did add Fox HD which I'm glad they did.

No 206. I get a message about upgrading in order to get that station.
I'm just wondering if I may have by accident upgraded when I saw the announcement a while back. Just checked Dish online and I'm not getting charged for anything extra, so I must not have done an upgrade. Still shows me as an HD Absolute customer with HBO.

Is anybody else on the absolute package getting 205?

No 206. I get a message about upgrading in order to get that station.
I'm just wondering if I may have by accident upgraded when I saw the announcement a while back. Just checked Dish online and I'm not getting charged for anything extra, so I must not have done an upgrade. Still shows me as an HD Absolute customer with HBO.

Is anybody else on the absolute package getting 205?

I'm an Absolute, but only get 205 SD which is on free preview right now.

DishHD Absolute still the best deal ..............I'm never leaving :D
Haha. Me too, I think. Who knows though, they might jack up the price. But right now I'd have to spend 2x as much to get anything close to what I have with Absolute. I'd probably drop Dish if I had to pay that much.

I made a list of all the channels I wanted and the Absolute package had all but 1 or 2 that I don't miss.

I figure once about 14 stations are added (wishful thinking) to the Turbo Silver Line-Up then I might change. I'd like to get Big Ten (as well as G4, FX and Spike if they would ever be added to the Turbo packs), but only when the station count balances out. Until they do, I'll hold onto my Absolute as well!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)