What happens to my 322?

T. Perinne

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 27, 2005
Houston, TX
I have a 942 for my HDTV and a 322 in another part of the house for two non-HD TV's. If I trade in my 942 for the 622 and switch to the HD Platinum package, what happens to my 322?

I bet it won't work since its not and MPEG4 receiver, will I be able to get a replacement for it as well as the 942/622 swap? Do I have to shoot for a second 622 when I call in? My wife won't be happy if I get the HD Platinum package and the 322 stops working for those other two rooms.

Thanks.

why wont your 322 work? it will work fine, it will get everything but HD, like it always has

I started getting confused when reading Dish's site - they keep saying a 622 or 211 is required for any level of the new HD Packages. I know that's in reference to the HD channels but wanted to make sure all the other "180 standard channels included" in the Platinum package will work with the 322 as my Top 150 does today.

What happens when Houston gets HD locals? Will the 322 still get regular digital locals on the current channels with the new HD locals going to other channels I'll access with the 622?

Just trying to get my facts straight, thanks again.

T. Perinne - Do you need 2 separate receivers in those 2 other rooms of the house? Could you combine eliminate one, or feed both with the same programming? What BFG says is completely true. Another option might be to feed the other 1 (or 2) receivers off the 622's second TV output to avoid the extra $10 per month for the 322's 2 outputs... (Is it $10 or only $5? Can't keep track of all the options anymore...!)

T. Perinne said:
...What happens when Houston gets HD locals? Will the 322 still get regular digital locals on the current channels with the new HD locals going to other channels I'll access with the 622?...
Yes - That should be the case. The HD LiLs will probably be coming from a different (129?) satellite however. I believe all the SD LiLs are planned to be migrated onto one of the 110 sats. Someone else correct me if I got this twisted around...

bhlems - the one 322 I have currently feeds two tv's, one in my wife's office and one in the extra bedroom. Those TV's aren't anything special so as long as my current non-HD channels still work through the 322 when I go to HD Platinum, I'll be happy.

The dual tuner in the 322 is perfect for us, the office can watch one thing and the extra bedroom watch something else. I didn't know if the 322 would lose any current channels when switching to HD Platinum Package, or when Houston gets HD locals, or any other programming changes due to MPEG4.

I'll trade my 942 for the 622 that will feed the 62" HDTV in the living room and my non HD tv in the master bedroom.

Sounds like you already have it covered. You mignt want to compare the channel listings from the Platinum package to what you're currently getting to make sure there are no surprises, tho'. Platinum and AT180 both say "over 180 channels" but are they identically the same? I never checked...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts