what happens when I loose my signal

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

cliffordmarc

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 3, 2004
OK,
I have thinking about getting D* for a few months and I still have a couple of questions.
First what happens if I loose my signal or my dish stops working, do I call direct TV and they send someone out? Do I pay for that then? Can I get warranties on the boxes I buy through direct TV? What over the air HD antenna does Direct TV supply?

Thanks
:)

Im gonna be honest with u if u get a real heavy down pour or lighting storm u will loose the signal for a few min till the bad part of the storm passes. also if u get alot of snow in your area and end up putting the sat dish on the roof i would invest in a dish cover so snow pile up doesnt become a factor . a snow storm wont knock out your signal . now if its a sunny day and u lose the signal or the dish stops working then u call directtv they will send someone out . youll get a 30 day warranty from day od install.You can also by the protection plan and since u want hdtv it will cost u 7.99 a month but that covers all recievers ,antennas,dish, wires, switches basicly anything in your system . over the air antenna supplies is the wineguard sensarII antenna i think thats what they gave me . it picks up signals from 55 miles away and i like it to be honest with u . if u have any other questions feel free to ask

Thanks
I have to admit I really want to switch to direct TV but I just want to make sure I have everything covered. It seems for the most part people are happy with the service. I am just fed up with my cable company. do you recommend the service protection plan?

Thanks

i would just for the peace of mind .if something breaks or dosent work u dont get charged to fix or replace it . i have it and it coveres everything so u can add recievers switches and there covered all good .

Service protection plan

If you do not want to deal with fixing equipement which will mean in some cases climbing on the roof,ladders,and draging tools around with you(or if you have kids as I do finding the tools)then you should opt for the plan.For now I will still deal with the repairs myself.In 8 years I have only had to replace 1 stb and add more equipement,but I have heard of others that have had the plan and think it is well worth it

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)