What hardware for CBS-HD?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dispatcher_21

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Apr 17, 2004
Walla Walla,WA
My local CBS granted me a distant waiver and I was wondering what additional hardware I need to get the HD feed off of the 148. I currently have a Dish 500 with a Dishpro Twin LNB and a 811. Would a Dish 300 dish single lnb work? If so what kind of switch do I need? Also, what distant network do I need to subscribe to for the HD feed? I want to sign up for the Portland and New York feed. Any and all info on this would be greatly appreciated.

Also, are the SD national feeds better pq than the over compressed locals??

A Dish 300 with single DISHPRO lnb, plus a DP34 switch. Or...
A Dish 300 with dual DishPro knb and two DP21 switches.

Dish will give you the equipment and install it for free, as required by law, if ANY of your Dish locals are on 148. Just call them up and ask them for your FREE 2nd dish for your locals. Then, after it's all instalkled, call and ask for CBS-HD.

Would a DP41 switch work? I only have one line coming from my Dish500 and the new Dish300 would be the second and it looks like the DP41 has inputs for two lnbs?? I ask becasue its a lot cheaper than a DP34, those are like $112 at dishstore.net.

I just answered my own questions, looks like since I only have one reciever, a DP21 switch should work just fine. And they are just a little over $20.00. Cool

dispatcher_21 said:
My local CBS granted me a distant waiver

You have local CBS service via Dish also? Do you mind posting a copy of the request letter(s) you sent and to whom? It might help some of us still fighting this battle. Pleae blackout your personal email, address, phone, etc..

I used the online waiver request on my online account at dishnetwork.com. Its kinda funny cause I remember calling my CBS affiliate a few months ago about waivers and they stated that they will not grant any waivers under any circumstances. I dont know what changed thier mind. And that is correct, I have my local package through Dish plus the CBS waiver for distants. The thing I dont get is that my local package doesnt have Fox and they denied my waiver. Oh well

You know that of course Portland HD locals are only available from an OTA antenna or maybe your cable company. Also the HD CBS feed from NY is only on the 61.5 sat and it may be hard to get LOS from your sat. dish where you live because the dish points very low in the sky. HD CBS feed from LA is only on the 148 sat. Dish will want to know what HD CBS channel you want when you activate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)