What has Dish done for you that made you happy?

Had an issue with the first installation when I went to HD. Second installer came out, no problamo... issue resolved and then receiving all the HDs. Was very happy and pleased. That installation was part of an upgrade to HD, 722k, that cost me a total of $15 (plus 2 yrs).

The non-HD DVR for Directv had issues with being buggy. Sometimes recordings would completely frag up and be useless. Directv's web board response was it was the weather. It was always the weather, despite so many having the same issue. *rolls the eyes*

Dish Network's HD DVR will have maybe a slight hiccup and the HD image will show an artifact or two... perhaps once or twice in a movie. That is the extent of recording issues I've had with Dish.

Now if they could just get their billing department to be on form with their Sat service. ;)

Never had any "serious" / unresolvable issues over almost 12 years of being a sub.

DHPP may have questionable value, but for me it resulted in fast, no charge swaps of one receiver and one LNB ("user error" on that last one; I returned the new one they sent!) and free replacements (no returns) of one power inserter and 2 remotes, one of which had become dog food.

2 visits by competent contracted technicians, hit their time windows and completed the upgrades in one visit. The last one was to "see" if I had LOS to the 129 slot when my HD LiLs finally went live on that sat. It was marginal, but the technician was willing to work with me to prove the possibility and did a new wing installation and left the old 61.5 wing in place as a back-up. The rest was up to me (mostly tree trimming). (That visit was at no charge incidentally, other than the tip I gave him.)

Great programming line-up, more than I can ever view.

Positive interactions w/ all but one CSR and TS personnel. For the one bad experience with the CSR, the next TS call resolved the issue (EHD activation).

The NFL redzone channel, last year was free. Even if I have to pay $7 per month this year to get it, it beats the hell out of paying for the Sunday ticket with D*.

1) Cinemax for a penny

2) Prompt replacement of my 211 when the HDMI output quit working

3) EHD for the 211 (that was the best investment I made for watching TV...one time $40 activation and no monthly fees)

I have had nothing but good experiences with Dish.

Perhaps the best example was when I added a second HD receiver to my set up. I did it in February and we had a big snow storm on the day it was scheduled to be set up. A Dish tech lives two houses away from me - but he called in sick that day. Someone from the office in Kansas City (almost 2 hours away) drove up in his own vehicle to install it anyway, since I had taken the day off of work to be there when it was installed. To me that was going above and beyond and I thanked him several times.

All other interactions I have had with Dish have been good as well, from chats to ask questions to e-mails about remote access problems and so on. Dish reps have always been more than nice to me and provided good answers in a timely fashion.

I am also more than pleased with the new HD channels Dish has added in the past 18 months. From G4 to BBC America to AMC to Epix, the channels have all been welcome additions in my household.

Dish network is my only option for the channels I want in standard definition.Wanted The Hallmark Movie Channel in standard definition,Dish has it.Wanted the most Premium Movie Channels I could get in standard definition,Dish has them after adding EPIX3 Dish now has 40.I wanted the Superstations,KTLA,Los Angeles/WPIX,New York/WWOR,New Jersey/WSBK,Boston/KWGN,Denver.Dish has them for $7..If I want more sports I can get NFL Red Zone for $7. for Dish's MultiSports package which has even more sports channels.

Wanted the best SD DVR on the market,Dish has it the 625,with it's 2 hour pause to it's 2 -120 minute live buffers,to it's guide with the First Air Date listed on each program to avoid repeats.For what I need in a SD DVR the 625 is the complete package.Dish network makes me happy to be a subscriber.because of their standard definition programming,excellent SD DVR,and their cheaper programming prices.:)

I'm so happy I'm bored because everything just works no matter if it's recording to Caller ID it works every time.:D

I have had nothing but good experiences with DISH. Coming from U-verse TV it was a nice relief, coming back to DISH. Kept the U-verse Internet, as it's very nice, but DISH just has far better TV IMO.

I even got two other households on DISH, and they're nothing but satisfied with it.

Dish is not perfect but,

I am happy overall,i have a DVR that everyone i know drops there jaw when i tell them all it can do (they are cable dvr owners) some people at work i dont think even believe me until i point them to the website.

Besides the great DVR ( i am a technology nerd) i enjoy the cost/to hd channel ratio.

i wont lie, i was with D for 10 years and i constantly watch what they are offering, i refuse to lock into another contract with E so that i am free to jump ship when I want, but right now E has 99% of what i want and the DVR seals the deal.

As a DirecTV sub, there existence alone helps make DirecTV more competitive and reasonable. I am glad they are around and hope they become even more successful.

Turn on Tv picture comes on, switch channels watch what I subscribe to, paperless billing seamless, responded to all requests for service help, works in all weather, equipment has been outstanding so what else do I need??

I have had DISH since the beginning.

At first I used it to supplement my BUD but 10 years ago I got rid of the big dish.

I have had only one receiver failure and it was my 1st 622 (HDMI failed) and I had a replacement within a couple of days.

The 622 failure was the last time that I called a CSR for a problem. I can't remember how many years ago that was but was when the 622 was the newest toy.

I currently have a 622, 211 (EHD) & 411 (EHD) (not many of those around).

All of the HD channels that I want I have with one exception (ESPN News). I will wait for it to come back. And if it doesn't, it's no big deal.

My dvr's are simple to use and they always work for me.

I use the online chat to make changes. and, I really like the redesigned site.

I change my services twice a year. with no problems usually. A couple of times, the changes were not implemented quickly. But, another online chat fixed it.

I have the Sports Package for NFL Red Zone (I used to have DirecTV just for Sunday Ticket) but I found my viewing habits on Sunday matched the Red Zone approach. I do watch the Broncos but they are never blacked out here.

Currently, I do not have any of the additional movie services. Actually, I do because I consider the package that gives me EPIX a premium movie package.

And I have found EPIX is really all I need for movies along with HDnet Movies and the Encore ones.

I am currently trying a Comcast DVR (I use Comcast for internet access). Really a step backwards. And, although they have TIVO, I am not interested. Tried a TIVO with DirecTV a few years ago but I like the DISH ones.

So, I'm a satisfied customer.

love nfl redzone

better than cable

great dvr. although i've just started to have an occasional problem with my 722. sometimes the volume drops out and i have to skip forward or fast forward a little to get the volume to come back on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts