What have I done !!!!!!!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Flytank, I was a D* customer for almost a decade, before making the switch to E* two weeks ago....partially because they have more HD channels right now, but mainly because of their Vip-622 HD DVR. I could go into a lot of details about its advantages over D*'s HR20-700, but let me just say as someone who has experienced both up close and personal, I don't think you are going to be as happy with the D* box as you were with the 622. The 622 is a much more robust, powerful, versatile...and stable machine....IMHO. Call E* back and ask to talk to someone who wants a good customer back...surely they will work with you if you find the right person.

Well, In a nutshell, I was a Dish customer for 14 months. I had just about everything they offered (HD,All movie channels, Playboy, etc.). After some "common sense" thinking I figured that I was paying too much for what I had, $160 per month. I'm entitled to basic cable which is included in my homeowner's association dues, plus I also have excellent high speed internet as well also provided by cable (Comcast/Adelphia). I gave comcast a call to figure how much would I pay if I switched to them. In all, High Speed internet, HD, all movie channels, etc would be just under $130. Considering that I was paying $160 for Dish AND $60 for high speed premier internet, I could save about $100 every month !!! Not to mention the fact that I was paying twice for something since basic cable is provided to me as I explained above.

Well...I switched and I am extremely dissapointed with the dismal decrease in signal quality. Even the HD's dont look as bright as they did with Dish. Some channels cant even be seen with wavy lines and much distortion. I am in extreme suffering as I have both, plasma and DLP tv's with HDMI connections and all the works and am unable to appreciate them.

Dish says that I need to wait at least 6 months before they treat me as a new customer again and be able to get the free installs and free "leased" equipment.

I dont think I can wait that long with the poor image quality I'm getting so I am strongly considering going the DirecTV route.

Thoughts ?

The obvious first question is where in Orlando is Comcast? They are a Brighthouse area :confused:

As has been stated, Comcast is hit or miss depending on the market - and generally speaking it seems many in Florida are a miss - but I still don't know where Comcast is in Orlando.

Whether it has anything to do with it, I have noticed that more of their Motorola Systems are hits and their Scientific Atlanta Systems are misses in terms of HD Quality - and most Florida Comcastic Systems are S/A.

Though I don't recommend E* to people anymore, I am sure you could put it in your wife's name and SS# - and use a cellphone as your contact number if you really wanted to return to E*.

Last edited:
Thanks guys, lots of good replies.
1. My zip code is 32828 and my area is served by Adelphia and is now slowly becoming Comcast.
2. Thanks for the feedback regarding direc tv, we'll see if something can be worked out with dish.

I'll post whatever was accomplished.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)