What have you recorded and protected in your DVR?

I've never tried, since I'm not sure I'll live long enough to finish it.
Also, I can't afford an electron microscope...
fair enough, id have it bigger but the bigwigs here think it takes up too much space if larger i tend to agree so i havent complained about the size of text in my sig

I now stand corrected. I screwed up with a manual timer, and the darn thing recorded for 21 hours instead of 1 hour (don't ask). :rolleyes:

All my archived stuff, except three that were protected, were WIPED OUT. Including stuff that has been on the DVR for one year. AND all three of the original trilogy Star Wars in HD. BUT until I had my FUBAR moment, it did keep stuff for a LONG time.

I want to cry. :(

Only bright side, now I have 26 hours free...

Only time I lost any was when my 1st 622 died during it's reboot loop. Luckily, I'd only had it a short time. Not to beat a dead horse, but external HD support is needed. I've got all the Planet Earth Episodes, Underworld Evolution, and a couple 007's from the marathon.

Among other things, I've got the 10 Nightstalker episodes, which, given the way Dish has been messing with the 622 lately, I better be moving onto dvd.

Only time I lost any was when my 1st 622 died during it's reboot loop. Luckily, I'd only had it a short time. Not to beat a dead horse, but external HD support is needed. I've got all the Planet Earth Episodes, Underworld Evolution, and a couple 007's from the marathon.

It still kills me to go to the DVR listing and see just 5 recordings instead of 17. :eek:

The only time I've lost programs on my 622 was when we had a particularly nasty power outage. It corrupted my hard drive and locked up the unit. It had to reformat the HD to recover. Took about 2 hours.

I haven't lost anything on my 510 yet.It has 77 hrs left on the harddrive and I recorded a slew of shows last year and have a few I recorded this year.I have most of mine protected.

I have 2 Dora the Explorer movies on my sons 721. They have been there for 2 and half years now.

Or you can run into the prob that my 622 just had a couple hours ago... Error #760... Trying to find way out of it, but looks like everything on DVR has to be deleted and unit swapped for another.... No amount of protection saved my DVR programs. Oh well. Live and learn. Next time I will transfer my shows from DVR sooner....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts