What HD channels are coming?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Glad to see the post about BBCA HD. That channel and the Hallmarks would make me very happy. LogoHD Im not so sure on as it seems long ago when I watched it in SD they did a ton of repeats but maybe things have changed since then but I'll be happy with anything hehe. As things stand I am a very happy converter from Dish with just the HD we have now.

Now if my dang roomy would watch some of the dang serises hes recorded, seems my drive has about 30% free and all the junk recorded are shows I dont watch LOL

It'd be cool to see Dr. Who in HD, although I don't see that happening because I don't think it's even broadcast on their regular HD station in Britain.

SO, has anybody heard anything on what might be coming and when in new hd?

word is dont expect much, if anything, until D11 is operational in september. Once it is, expect to see a lot. I think we'll see virtually all of the major HD channels added... with the eception of Voom networks.

word is dont expect much, if anything, until D11 is operational in september. Once it is, expect to see a lot. I think we'll see virtually all of the major HD channels added... with the eception of Voom networks.

IS there a list of these possible new channels? is comedy central a possibility?

Dr. Who Broadcast Info

Original Channel - BBC One (originally known as BBC TV)

Picture Formating

405-line black & white (1963–1967)

625-line black & white (1968–1969)

PAL 625-line color (1970–1989)

720x576 (2005–present)

576p50 or 576p25 ?

No HD Doctor Who

We've greatly enjoyed watching Torchwood in HD over the past few months, so you can imagine our utter despair when we were told that Russell T Davies, the head writer on Doctor Who, is no fan of HD and is reluctant for the show to be shot in the high resolution format.

Eh? Doesn't the man understand that EVERYTHING will be in HD eventually?

Asked at Broadcast's TV Drama Forum when Doctor Who would go HD he said: "I'm fighting it off. I had a terrible experience on Torchwood. There was a lack of training and there was no extra time or money."

Okay, we understand that, but surely the BBC can sort out any problems, can't they? If they can come up with a snazzy new website, the iPlayer, AND also manage to be one of only a few companies to launch a dedicated HD service, then Who HD mustn't be THAT hard to sort out, can it?

"We'd have to stop and rebuild the TARDIS," Davies said. "The flaws would show and it would take a lot of money to fix it. So we won't move to HD while I'm there."

Bum.

If the beeb do manage to pull their finger out and hand Davies and his team the cash to make things right, Doctor Who in HD won't be until 2010 (when the show comes back after a year's break).

No HD Doctor Who
If the beeb do manage to pull their finger out and hand Davies and his team the cash to make things right, Doctor Who in HD won't be until 2010 (when the show comes back after a year's break).

It was just announced that he will be leaving after 2009, hence the break. Steven Moffatt will take over, and maybe he'll bring HD with him.

No HD Doctor Who

We've greatly enjoyed watching Torchwood in HD over the past few months, so you can imagine our utter despair when we were told that Russell T Davies, the head writer on Doctor Who, is no fan of HD and is reluctant for the show to be shot in the high resolution format.

Eh? Doesn't the man understand that EVERYTHING will be in HD eventually?

Asked at Broadcast's TV Drama Forum when Doctor Who would go HD he said: "I'm fighting it off. I had a terrible experience on Torchwood. There was a lack of training and there was no extra time or money."

Okay, we understand that, but surely the BBC can sort out any problems, can't they? If they can come up with a snazzy new website, the iPlayer, AND also manage to be one of only a few companies to launch a dedicated HD service, then Who HD mustn't be THAT hard to sort out, can it?

"We'd have to stop and rebuild the TARDIS," Davies said. "The flaws would show and it would take a lot of money to fix it. So we won't move to HD while I'm there."

Bum.

The BBC being stingy with Dr. Who's budget!? Blasphemy! :p

When was it in HD on SciFi? The producers of Dr. Who have said due to costs for all the special effects they won't be doing the show in HD.

It may not be recorded in Full HD but it sure looks a hell of alot better on the HD broadcast of the SciFi channel than it does on the crappy BBC broadcast. Sorry for being attacked by Oldtimers.:D

I would think that local PBS will be added when D11 fires up. I am hoping for more local CW too!!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)