What HD National Channels do you want?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

DSS Fan

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 30, 2007
Minnesota
What other HD Channels are out there that we don't have currently on Directv that people want? I would like to see the Horror channel.

Besides the ones that D*'s already annoucned that they will be adding, I'd like to see WGN Superstation and Travel Channel HD.

If you're going to do a survey like this, you should make it clear up front that the channel must exist. In the case of THC, I'm pretty sure that's not the case.

As far as I know, VOOM's Monsters HD is the only HD horror channel available in the US.

Turner Classic Movies...but, no wait...Directv would somehow group it in with some other HD channels that I dont want and charge me $5 more a month for it...no thanks.

Movies: More HBO, TCM, AMC
Sports: WGN, ESPN_News, ESPNU, the rest of the RSN's go 24 hours instead of game only, and the NEW 2009 MLB channel
Misc: Comedy Centeral, Travel, BBC America

Even with no HD content yet, the HD feeds look a TON better than the SD feeds.

VOOM's Monsters HD and Chiller HD when it comes out please.

Also FOXNews and MSNBC in HD please like CNN.

Also the 24 hour Weather Channel Weather Scan in HD would be nice (I see it on cable, but it only comes in SD).

Turner Classic Movies...but, no wait...Directv would somehow group it in with some other HD channels that I dont want and charge me $5 more a month for it...no thanks.
Only if there is no SD version of the same channel. Since TCM SD already exists, then TCM HD would be part of the normal HD package.

TMC, AMC, FMC (and any movie channel that becomes available)

MSNBC, Comedy Channel, Chiller, Military, History International.

The Voom lineup but DTV keeps making fun of them in their commercials :(.

If they existed:
HN (or Move Morning Express to CNN HD)
E!
Comedy Central

The Voom lineup but DTV keeps making fun of them in their commercials :(

I wonder how much longer Voom will even be around. Rainbow media's taking E* to court since E* wants to move the channels to a higher priced package which results in less viewer. Even Cablevision which started Voom, and is the only other US distributor of the channels, is moving them to switched video service, cable companies put channels with low viewership numbers on switched channels so they can free up bandwidth.

I have had the Voom channels since they came out on DISH back in May of 2005. They are very over rated as they are now all redundant reruns of old movies I have seen a hundred times anyway. I really liked Monster's Hd but it too has become stale showing only about 2 or 3 movies the same day in endless repeat loops. I say if VOOM can't get more content they need to consolidate the 15 into about 6 or 7 . IN short you aren't missing anything on Monster's Hd. I also have DIRECTV and Chiller. I perfer Chiller over Monster's Hd. THey have a wide variety of shows old and newer . I record many of those shows daily. I can't remember the last time I recorded anything on Voom.

I have had the Voom channels since they came out on DISH back in May of 2005. They are very over rated as they are now all redundant reruns of old movies I have seen a hundred times anyway. I really liked Monster's Hd but it too has become stale showing only about 2 or 3 movies the same day in endless repeat loops. I say if VOOM can't get more content they need to consolidate the 15 into about 6 or 7 . IN short you aren't missing anything on Monster's Hd. I also have DIRECTV and Chiller. I perfer Chiller over Monster's Hd. THey have a wide variety of shows old and newer . I record many of those shows daily. I can't remember the last time I recorded anything on Voom.

There was a time when Voom made up a big part of my viewing. It speaks volumes about the current state of available HD programming that I know I would hardly touch it today.

To be honest, even with all the choices available today, the bulk of my recordings are either movies, sports, locals, or the SciFi channel. It's great to have more choices though. :hungry:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts