What HD would you like to see added next?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
5 more HBO's in HD.
5 more Showtime's in HD.
5 more Cinemax's in HD.
5 more Starz in HD.
Etc.

Every SD premium movie channel needs to have an HD version as well. Bring on 20 HD additions of solely movie channels.

This will happen, in mid 2012. :p

I would like to see the Phoenix locals add the CW and PBS in HD, I also would like to see ESPNU added. Really, how many SD channels no longer have a HD version? Dish should stop selling and installing SD boxes to make the transition to ONLY HD something that will happen sooner rather then later.

PBS HD - either national or local
MSG and MSG+ in HD - NYC metro RSNs that, currently, due to the Dolans, Dish doesn't even show the games in HD
ESPNU HD
GolTV HD

The above said, I am quite pleased with the sleuth of HD channels currently offered by Dish, after the BBCA, FSC, Uni, telefutura and, soon, the Galavision in HD, were/are added to Dish.

Ideally in this order...

AMC HD (lawsuit)
We HD (lawsuit)
Showtime Extreme -- premiums already going up in price so no excuses on this one...
The Movie Channel Extra -- see above
ESPN U (lawsuit)
Cooking Channel (move to #1 if it's not 90% stretch-o-vision)
IFC HD (lawsuit)
Smithsonian
TVOne
Wealth
missing Cinemax channels -- (I assume this is awaiting everyone's penny Cinemax deal expiring as there are FOUR non West Coast Cinemax feeds missing)
Gospel Music Channel
Sundance Channel
Fuse
everything else... (e.g. RFD, NASA, Discovery Kids)

way at the bottom
the remaining West Coast premium feeds
those full time RSN's some folks keep complaining about
then MLB
oh then the shopping channels...
lastly the religious channels (e.g. TBN)

It seems like Dish has all of the HD that's out there with a few exceptions: the Rainbow channels (lawsuit), ESPN-U (lawsuit), the rest of the premium movie channels, and the HD-RSNs. Since the lawsuit channels don't look like they'll be coming anytime soon, I would love to see Dish use their available space to put up the HD-RSN's full time (ESPECIALLY MASN!!!!) and the rest of the premiums (ESPECIALLY MOREMAX.....I'm still getting Cinemax for a penny, so that would be outstanding).

AT this point I think all the ones I want are a part of the Rainbow lawsuit. IFC, AMC, etc.

I would also like to see some SD only channels go HD like Current and Reelz.

And PBS and Sprout HD would be very nice indeed!

Ideally in this order...
Showtime Extreme -- premiums already going up in price so no excuses on this one...
The Movie Channel Extra -- see above
missing Cinemax channels -- (I assume this is awaiting everyone's penny Cinemax deal expiring as there are FOUR non West Coast Cinemax feeds missing)
Sundance Channel

Cinemax's other HD channels

I would love to see Dish use their available space to put up the rest of the premiums (ESPECIALLY MOREMAX.....I'm still getting Cinemax for a penny, so that would be outstanding).

:up

OK, as long as we're voting:

MSG-HD/MSG+-HD. Normally one would say "no way" but of course DirecTV has it so it is possible, although as far as Charlie is concerned it's probably cost prohibitive;

RFDTV-HD: Niche, but my niche;

AMC-HD/WE-HD/IFC-HD: I realize there's a lawsuit ongoing; however, I'm not as convinced as some that the lawsuit precludes these being added. I will allow as to how they're a longshot, however.

QVC-HD, HSN-HD: I like shopping channels! :)

Note I didn't even LIST GOL-TVHD (or YES-HD) since those aren't carried even in SD by Dish.

My locals that have been uplinked for two months. We have them in sd... I can't see why there is a holdup.

I agree with cditty that getting HD locals for northeast Louisiana is by far the highest priority.

... But it would be nice to have ESPN-U. Also, I think I remember that last year the Eastern Arc got TMC in HD, but those of us on the Western arc are still stuck with the west (SD) feed. It's time for parity: bring on TMC West!

Military Channel HD (doesn't exist yet)
Military History Channel HD
Recipe HD

PBS-HD
Sprout HD
GolTV HD
Fox Soccer Plus HD
ESPN U (lawsuit)
IFC HD (lawsuit)
Smithsonian
Sundance Channel
and like Ilya, any VOOM content, if possible, especially RAVE

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)