What I did last summer

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jayelem

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 5, 2006
Chicago suburbs.
I've been off this forum for several months only occasionally checking in , so for those who have been wondering where I've been , here it goes.

I had a fellow Satellite Guy and Sadoun Forum member from Phoenix visit me at my home for a couple of days over the summer , besides sight seeing we played with my equipment , took down my 90cm Fortec off the motor mounted it on a post on a temporary 2 x 4 , caught the eye of curious neighbors and onlookers and showed off the poor mans Horizon to Horizon and watched TV into the night or at least until it started raining.

I also took a couple of road trips like Bowling Green Kentucky to Memphis Tennessee ( which BTW I saw many Birdviews in North Memphis farm areas), and just recently went to the Smoky Mountains and Asheville, NC

So now November is upon me and I haven't put the 90cm dish back up yet , I am still enjoying my Azbox thanks to AVI files transferred thru USB port .

Oh ......... during solar outages I did take a look at the neat calculator and figured out where the elusive Telstar 12 was in the sky , so after eyeing the sun for a minute and seeing spots for several more minutes ( I should have used welding goggles ...LOL) I figured out where I have to point and yes there is a tree , I will try it again whenever I get around to it like most of my FTA adventures.

So I'm anxious to get back on track and have fun on the message boards , talk to Y'all some more later :D

Welcome back, Jayelem! You're gonna be doing a lot of reading in the coming weeks (months?) to be sure ;) ... I hate missing a day because of the volume of new posts...

regular or super-size?

It's always a shame when a regular contributor goes missing.
Glad to have you back around. - :up

Can't really tell if this is one or not...

8256 Hwy 19, Nutbush, TN...

Attachments

• 8256Hwy19.JPG
    8256Hwy19.JPG
    42 KB · Views: 193
Wow ................... LOL
That's exactly what I'm talking about , and like I said ...... 2 solid dishes and possibly more in that stretch.

14Karat ..... BTW ..... I did stop in (whoops)South Haven but I didn't take any backroads otherwise I might direct you towards one in your neck of the woods.
Funny how we Satellite Guys remember where we see BUD's in the landscape , heck this happened 2 months ago and I still remeber quite a bit.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)