What I would Do If I Were In Charge

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

vinnyv07

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 14, 2004
Hello everyone....these are just my suggestions on what to do to help VOOM attract more subs. I think we are all in agreement that VOOM needs to attract more subs to stay afloat. If they dont it will be our loss as well as the investors that have put their money into cablevision stock. There are a number of things that are right with VOOM but I believe these things are needed to help attract people and attention to VOOM.

1) Cin 10 needs to be cut down to 3 ch's. They could cover all of the movies that they are showing now in three ch's. Its a no-brainer. You dont need 10 ch's of movies....its a waste of money that could be spent elsewhere.
2) Monster HD------LEAVE THIS CH ALONE. Maybe focus even more on Horror.
3) MOOV------ GET RID OF THIS CH. Its not fun to watch..spend the money elsewhere.
4) RUSH AND EQUATORHD combined. Combine these 2 ch's. They both repeat their shows alot. Make one ch...save money spend elsewhere.
5) WorldSPORTHD....Make this ch a all sports ch. Give it a new name like VOOMSPORTHD. Spend some money on getting the rights to an NBA game every week....NHL game a week....during the baseball season show a game a week. If you show NBA, NHL and soccer LIVE...not on tape. Its more of an event if you show things live. You could also buy the rights to certain classic games and transfer them to HD. Make it a sports ch that people want.
6) RAVE----ADD to Rave. This could be a great ch. After all music is a universal language. MORE LIVE EVENTS. For example INHD2 is covering the Bon Jovi concert this Sunday night from AC ...tickets are going for 300 buck a piece. The only place you could see it other than being there is on INHD2...thats the type of LIVE events that Rave should add.
7) ULTRAHD----GEt RID OF THIS CH
8) AUCTIONHD ------GET RID OF THIS CH
9) GALLeryHD ----- GET RID OF THIS CH
10) ANIMANIAHD - This ch could stay. Add programming. Try to get rights to show some of Nick's shows in HD. CBS does that on Sat mornings. It works well for them. If you started showing Spongebob Squarepants in HD my kids would be glued to the set....and so would I!!!! Lets Go do it.
11) HDNEWS---KEEP THIS CH.
When all is said and done we would have 7 less CIn 10 CH's....We would be rid of MOOV, Auction, Ultra, Gallery ...and we would combine Rush and Equator. This be 12 less ch's that VOOM would offer in HD. That would leave money to create contracts to show NBA, NHL, and MLB games of the week in HD. Get Nick to provide like they do to CBS ..cartoons....but to show in HD. Nick is very popular with the kids and adults...get in with them.
12)MSGHD----This shouldnt be too hard. Show every Knick and Ranger game in HD. You could actually show concerts and everything that goes on in MSG in HD. Imagine a HD ch showing NBA basketball and NHL hockey everytime its in the Garden....that would be 90 events in HD!!! I would be glued to the set. Why this hasnt happened is beyond me.
13) AND Finally...take some money and get INHD 1 and 2. PAY THEM WHAT THEY WANT!!!!! Make VOOM the first Sat company to offer it...and the only sat company that offers it. People will have to go to VOOM for the best HD programming and the most HD programming. Make it happen. The format that is being used by VOOM now is not working. Please make it work...dont go down without trying. Its time for a change.

Well they fixed one of the big problems with the multiple room deal for a dollar.

As long as they keep it at 5 bux per box then its a good deal.

That's the trouble, vinnyv07, everybody wants to change the channels their own way.

I would keep and enhance EQUATOR, RUSH, and GALLERY as their own great channels.

I would get rid of MONSTERS HD -- old black and white 1950s monster movies I saw in theaters when I was a little kid? Who needs 'em?

I agree with you about getting rid of ULTRA and AUCTION. But to some people, those two channels could be their favorites.

You all forgot MOOV i don't have Voom yet but i could say my favorite would be HD news i love the news. :D

I thought I would watch HD news a lot but after having VOOM for only a couple days I couldn't stand listening to the exact same pieces over and over, every 10 minutes! I do love the idea of this channel but it is not current....just same thing over and over.

same thing weather channel same thing over and over again until at leat dthe weather changes

I agree that we need less movie channels, but we need to keep Ultra for my girlfriend. Rush could be combined with the sports channel. Rave should show more concert DVD type movies and MTV type videos. Equator should just be a documentary channel combined with 104. Animania needs more content. I would like to see Adult Swim type programming at night like they have on Cartoon Network. Moov is worthless as a channel, but its programming could be used as filler on other channels. HDnews is good, but its the same 10 min loop all day, so it could be used as filler on other channels also.

But really, the programming is fine the way it is. If they reduced it to 7 or 8 channels with less repetition, then they couldn't brag about having 21 exclusive channels. I don't think programming changes would lure new customers.

They need to improve service, especially with OTA locals. The installers really suck at this. I finally had to aim the antenna myself to pick up some decent channels. Since Sears is their only rep, they should hire them as installers. They already have service trucks and techs for appliances. Just send out a video tape to train a few guys for sattelite and antenna installs at each store and you could get great Sears service and support on your Voom system. It wouldn't hurt to get the Sears salespeople more educated about the Voom product either. When I checked it out at the store, they were clueless, but they did let me play with the remote. I saw Dan Dare, Monsters, Rush, and Rave and was sold.

SonicRob said:
You all forgot MOOV i don't have Voom yet but i could say my favorite would be HD news i love the news. :D
See #3 in the original post.

Vinny, I agree except for MSG, only a handful of subs could watch it. I alos would not combine Rush & Equator, they are too dissimilar in programming. Kill at least 1/3 of the existing channels and allocate the bandwidth across the HD channels to extinguish the mosquito noise, Voom needs more bandwidth/channel, period.

DarrellP said:
See #3 in the original post.

Vinny, I agree except for MSG, only a handful of subs could watch it. I alos would not combine Rush & Equator, they are too dissimilar in programming. Kill at least 1/3 of the existing channels and allocate the bandwidth across the HD channels to extinguish the mosquito noise, Voom needs more bandwidth/channel, period.

Very good points....I was thinking about making MSGHD a ch that everyone could watch. Kind of like Yes NEtwork on Directv.

rrobe99999---- I understand that the number of exclusives is important to VOOM . I just dont understand why...to brag about the most HD ch's really isnt important at all. To have the best HD ch's is the important part. Even if they had only 10 HD CH's they still would be providing the most HD. No other provider around has as many HD ch's as Voom provides even if they did away with 1/2 of the exclusives.

Make the HD ch's stand out among the rest. Exclusives and live events....exclusive rights to events in a building that you already own(MSG).Does anyone know the reason why we have not one PPVHD ch? Whats the reason? By now everyone has to realize that there has to be wholesale changes in what VOOM is offering. And it has to start with the exclusives.....its what VOOM is based on. Its an important part of what VOOM is and what VOOM will be in the future. Events like a concert "ONLY ON VOOMHD" live would do wonders in getting attention and subs. People just dont feel VOOM is worth getting into right now. They must change their exclusive lineup. It has to be consolidated and improved ...and fast.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts