What I would like to see dish to do. (Dish please read).

Well it's really too soon for there to be a new receiver.
It is never too "Soon" for a new Dish receiver.

I say give it another year and release an 8 tuner HD DVR.
8? Why do low? In two years they will have a receiver with an infiplex tuner that can tune and record to an infinite number of channels. And thanks to the Quinbyte hard drive that it will come with, you'll be able to record all of your favorite, second tier favorite, you watch it because nothing else is on tier, and the shopping channels all at the same time. You'll have so much on your QB HD DVR, that you'll need a guide to sort through it. The best part will be the SuperSync feature that will allow you to stream the DVR recordings on your neighbors Directv DVR directly to your television screen! Mark my words!

Another thing, I think the whole "client" thing is silly. The joey is a cool idea, but each joey sucks up a tuner. I think each receiver should have it's own tuner, and still maintain the ability to watch recorded shows.
You think that is silly? A person who drives an SUV complaining about gas prices, now that it silly!

8? Why do low? In two years they will have a receiver with an infiplex tuner that can tune and record to an infinite number of channels. And thanks to the Quinbyte hard drive that it will come with, you'll be able to record all of your favorite, second tier favorite, you watch it because nothing else is on tier, and the shopping channels all at the same time. You'll have so much on your QB HD DVR, that you'll need a guide to sort through it. The best part will be the SuperSync feature that will allow you to stream the DVR recordings on your neighbors Directv DVR directly to your television screen! Mark my words!
Infinipak I thought was the hard drive of the future, bypassing solid state and even surpassing super plasma state. I can't believe I didn't hear about this new Quinbyte technology!