What if the Playstation 3 was discontinued?

The exchange rate has been killing Sony, looking since 12/1 of 2007 though the end of 2008, the dollar was worth between 87 and 114 Yen (currently sitting at 90).

So for Sony, the PS3 in the US costs us between 34,713 to 45,486 over the last 400 days.

As far as their books are concerned, the US has seen at some points up to 24% off the price of a $399 PS3.

What if the Playstation 3 was discontinued? I would have a hell of a Blu-Ray player...

Other then hardware issues (we wont go there) XBOX has done everything right gaming software wise (PS3, Wii, and 360 owner). They have the software, XBOX Live completely destroys Home and PSN, the achievement system kills the trophy system, and XBOX's marketplace is a lot easier to navigate then PSN (all opinions). That is why I dont mind paying for Live along with millions of other subscribers.

Now if Sony starts making software for the 360, WOW, that would be awesome...

What if the Playstation 3 was discontinued? I would have a hell of a Blu-Ray player...
It really does seem like the low-cost BluRay player option of the PS3 was a bigger selling factor than I, and others, thought. Now that stand-alone BR players are $199 for off-brands or $250-300 for name-brands, clearly the PS3's sales have fallen off.

I had seriously planned to buy a PS3 for both functions, a game console and a BR player. I think a LOT of people bought them just to be BR players.

I certainly did. Still don't own a game. Besides, games would just take away from my SatGuys time. :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts