What is Barker???

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

stucky_boss

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 16, 2004
DFW
I got a mailing from Voom today and as I was looking it over I noticed on the back of the enclosed brochure it listed the HD channels Voom carries. There are some in white, and some in yellow. The channels in white appear to be the Voom channels, but there is one called "Barker". The list appears as follows:

HDNews
HD Cinema 10 (10 Channels)
Monsters
Epics
WorldSport
Rush
Rave
Ultra
Auction
Gallery
MOOV
Animania
Barker
*The list list turns yellow and lists the 2 HBO-HD's, BravoHD, DiscoverHD, ESPN HD, 2 CinemaxHD, PlayboyHD, 2 ShoHD's, TMC HD, 2 StarzHD's, EncoreHD

So what is Barker?

Ken F said:
Did they really call their own channel a barker? That's pretty funny.

Probably not barker as in dog, they probably mean barker as in a circus barker - announcing something.

bbt,

Yes, I've always thought barker was slang for a [useless] infomercial/sales channels. I am just surprised that VOOM is admitting its real purpose and value in their brochure.

Voom carnival

If there is a problem with the Barker channel, do the production roustabouts yell "Hey Rube" to get additional help?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts