What is Card Sharing?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Andrew K

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 30, 2011
Akron, Ohio
Can someone explain what card sharing is. What does this do? Is it legal??? Will it help me receive more channels? I tried doing research on it, but just got even more confused. I don't understand how it even works. Can someone explain this in easy-to-understand terminology?

It isnt legal in the US. It can be done a few ways, but nowadays it looks like its the method of choice to steal DISH network. Isn't needed here in the US unless you're in the stealing bidness. In some countries you can legally 'clone' your valid, paid for access card, that you'd buy to watch tv in said countries, use in other rooms on different receivers in your house, totally legally. Remember everywhere but the US its totally legal, even encouraged, for you to provide your own hardware for the system. Only in the Land of the Free, the United States of America, where Freedom Reigns, is it illegal.

Here in the US, its illegal, immoral, unethical, will make hair grow on your palms, piss the providers off, cause global warming to spirial out of control, and if you aren't careful, worse things can happen. ;)

Last edited:
IKS is only used for stealing that I know of.

What I find funny is I hear some of the IKS servers out there are run by the satellite companies themself so that they can see not only who is stealing, but what brand and model receivers are being used the most.

Nah, stogie, it's a myth that hair will grow on your palms, but you might end up with a teeny weenie subpoena.

What I find funny is I hear some of the IKS servers out there are run by the satellite companies themself so that they can see not only who is stealing, but what brand and model receivers are being used the most.
Hey, now that is a slick idea to catch to bumbs that won't pay.
Speaking of pay, become a pub member and pay up to support!

Nah, stogie, it's a myth that hair will grow on your palms, but you might end up with a teeny weenie subpoena.
I bet it will be a big one!

I was confused because I was posting comments in another satellite forum, and some guy was asking about how to get Ku signals on 129W. To my knowledge, there's nothing that's FTA on that satellite. He told me he was using an IKS system, and when I asked what it was, I never got a response.

The guy who was posting in that thread on (site name removed) said he was receiving spot beams from Dish Network with his IKS system.

LOL!! That is amazing!!
What an interesting concept, hackers would not buy DN so DN offers a separate service so hackers still pay DN for their service!!
That really makes me wonder!
Is that legal?

Ok, so this might be a weird thought. I already pay for a DN subscription, and that is a stationary dish that has an LNB that picks up both 72.5W and 61.5W. I have the VIP 222k receiver. I also have another dish and Openbox S10 receiver for FTA. Is it possible to hook my motorized FTA dish up to the DN box with it pointed at other satellites to get other channels that would otherwise be scrambled through my FTA satellite receiver.

Status
Please reply by conversation.