Tom

Attachments

• 2011-12-08_15-58-54_204.jpg
    2011-12-08_15-58-54_204.jpg
    678.7 KB · Views: 165
  • 2011-12-08_15-59-12_865.jpg
    2011-12-08_15-59-12_865.jpg
    562.3 KB · Views: 165
Without any markings to help it may be nearly impossible to know by looking at it just what it is. Now if you have a good meter of some type with a display that at least could help tell what signal it's able to receive, at least if it C or KU, whether it's circular or linear that's another story. Otherwise it just might be a lot easier to spend the money for now on another one.

Sadly I've seen LNB's like that (gutted from the case) that are linear and some are circular

I agree with sergei...might be easier to buy a new one. The LNB holder on there can hold a regular LNB (one that doesnt have the casing gutted off of it)

D mount it looks like my dishnet lnb out of it's case.
Pop the end cap off and look for a plate in the throat or casting that would make it circular.

yeah it looks like circular..That "bulge" right above the coax plugs usually was the sign it was bandstacked. I had a few of those here at the house and they looked like that

Fairly new to the satellite and lnb world. Can anyone tell me if this is a
circular or linear polarization lnb based on the pictures? I am trying to
pull in G18 V Ku. There are no markings or labels on it. It is also on a
1.2m Andrews.

Tom

This is a Band staked Dishnetwork Circular LNB.

I disagree.
The Dish band stacked has the F-connector straight out the bottom, not ported at a side angle.

10-30-11_1516.jpg

Could be a legacy dish circular lnb, they are very common, or an after market linear designed to fit a DSS dish.
Looking down the throat, circular doesn't necessarily have a dielectric plate. Many circular have stepped ribs.
But if it has a clean round waveguide probably linear and if so quite useful.

Last edited:
Ice,
The lnb photo I just posted is from a super dish. Your link could also be from a super dish, but is not likely to be the band stacked lnb. Your lnb is usually assigned as a side car for 119w.

10-08-11_0845.jpg

Last edited:
I thought it was old style legacy from the dish 300 or 500 days,taken out of the plastic to make it throat mount.

I disagree.
The Dish band stacked has the F-connector straight out the bottom, not ported at a side angle.

10-30-11_1516.jpg

Could be a legacy dish circular lnb, they are very common, or an after market linear designed to fit a DSS dish.
Looking down the throat, circular doesn't necessarily have a dielectric plate. Many circular have stepped ribs.
But if it has a clean round waveguide probably linear and if so quite useful.

You're right, I meant to say DPP dual circular LNB. Thanks for the correction.

I disagree.
The only time it looks like that is on a Superdish
Look at any single, dual or twin LNB that is from Dish. Its the D shaped with the coax output off the side. While there is a KU LNB that looks like a Directv LNB (The rectangle one) Dish is the only provider to use the "D" shaped LNB

Status
Please reply by conversation.