What is Direct TV HD extra pack??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

fightfan

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jul 31, 2010
Parts unknown
I'm getting it free for 3 months. What is it and do they start charging me after 3 months or just stop giving it to me? I don't recall seeing or hearing anything about it when I ordered my service.

I'm getting it free for 3 months. What is it and do they start charging me after 3 months or just stop giving it to me? I don't recall seeing or hearing anything about it when I ordered my service.

DIRECTV: Premiums : HD Extra Pack : Overview

They start charging most likely if you do not cancel it by the time the three months is up. However, if you cancel it by the time the three months is up, you may be able to add it again for another three months. You may even be able to repeat this cycle several times.

They charge you $4.99/month after the 3 months for 7 HD channels, Hallmark Movie 560, HDNET Movies 561, MGM HD 562, Universal HD 564, Smithsonian HD 565, Crime & Investigation HD 566, and PALLADIA HD 567. if you dont watch any of these channels then make sure you cancel before your 3 months is up :)

Several on here have cancelled the HD Extra Pack online then called and got it free for 3 more months.

I canceled HD extra pack after my first 3 months free online, and 2 days later I looked online again and it said free for 3 months, So I clicked it again , and now I have it for 3 more months.

Hemi 6.1 said:
I canceled HD extra pack after my first 3 months free online, and 2 days later I looked online again and it said free for 3 months, So I clicked it again , and now I have it for 3 more months.

Ive done this about 4 times now.

So if we are getting HD Free for Life, shouldn't we get this pack free also? Guess not all HD is free

The free HD for life covers the HD channels that are included with your current programming package. HD Extra pack is a separate programming package by itself, it's not even included in the Premier programming package, so that's why you don't have it included in free HD for life.

With that said, and as a few posters have reported, you can get this programming add-on package free for 3 months, cancel prior to your 3 months being up, and then add it again for free.

You can still drop and add again for free for three months-HD Extra Pack (at least I could today)

And at $ 4.99 , it is 6 bucks too much ! I got it for three months and canceled almost immediately as all I saw was old crap . Sad they do not just give it away . If they gave it away I would remove it from my favorites list anyway . I have the premiums and they offer up to date stuff as well as " old crap " so I can pick and choose . And just a note here ; old crap is MY OPINION of what is on . It is definately old but , as for crap ; one man's crap is another man's treasure !;)

I just clicked the link above and it told me I could have it free for three months.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)